Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 21.10.2019 11:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 05:14 
Hey Guys...

Well I tried to put some lights on my keyboard but when I opened it up, I realized that all of the pushers that show a button being pressed were loose, and were made to be loose...now my keyboard doesn't work anymore... I have purchased a new keyboard, but I am too afraid to open it, and the same thing happen again. Can anyone tell me what to do?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 08:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Different manufacturers make the keyboards with different techniques so this time it might work. Haven't seen a keyboard yet that can't be put back together so don't really know how "dead" that first keyboard of yours really is. Just open it up and see how it looks. Sometimes modding isn't so safe and you can't be always 100% sure that your hardware will survive but keyboards should be the easiest pieces thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 16:15 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

I think I'd have to argue that a mouse is infinetly simpler then a keyboard to take apart and put back together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 17:00 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You maybe right there but I haven't got a single mail asking how to open up a keyboard but tons of emails asking where to find screws to open up a mouse etc. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 18:24 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

There is that with the majority of mouse manufacturers "hiding" the screws under the plastic feet. But really you'd think that would be the first place people would look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.09.2002 21:06 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

I have oppened two different keyboards, a "new" (6 months old) and an older one (5-6 years) and they were no match. Maybe you, Marshallx, have but the rubber-sheet rong or maybe it has slipped or something, the sheet must lie directly over the "key-sensor" You should at least try again to open your old keyboard and then close it. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07.09.2002 18:36 
Well, I opened up one corner of my new one, and it is the same as my old one....

All of the little rubber pushers are not a "sheet" but are all loose and individual from each other, so i dont htink I will be able to open this one up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07.09.2002 19:36 
Veteran Modder
Veteran Modder

my keyboard that i modded had the same little rubber buttons that your talking about and it is still working...it just took a few trys to get all the buttons back in there respective places...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07.09.2002 22:01 
Damn it, I dont want to risk wrecking another one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07.09.2002 22:05 
Even if I did get it open safe, I have nooo clue how to hook up 2 blue LEDs....mouses are easy, just put them into the PS2 input, but keyboard I would have no clue...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.09.2002 21:40 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

well...keyboards are also connected trough ps/2 (most of them)...so you should, with a multimeter, to find the + and the ground-cable at the end of the cable in the key-board

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.09.2002 06:30 
Yea but what whats the point of having a power supply?

I cant make anythinglook cool without openeing up my board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 06:50 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

actually, the way to get hose suction cup-like things aligned is to lift the keybord into the air upside down. the keys will drop down, and so will the suction cups. there should be round holes that hold the keys in place and they will line up the suction cups. then all you have to do is take a piece of cardboard or something and lay it ontop of them to get them level. remember, all of this has to be done upside down in the air, so its a two man job. then just put the main board and the cover on and put the screws back in. it took me less than five minutes with my dad holding the keyboard up in the air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 18:03 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

or you place it on two books at the edges

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22.03.2003 05:22 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

You can see where the little rubber bits go as well on the plastic sheet underneath. basically one cup to each circle and then ease the top down on them.

before you screw it back on properly, test your keys, any that don't work, ping off the key with a screwdriver and use the screwdriver to line up the rubber thing underneath.

it's a tad fiddly but worth it.

My trust keyboard incidentally had the circuit board screwed to the top with the keyboard sheet in between so when i took the top off they all flew everywhere. I unscrewed it, fiddled, put it all back but didnt screw the plastic between the board and the top so i can now get the top of the keyboard off without moving the rubber things.

I'm rambling but it's 2.30am!