Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 18.02.2018 06:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21.04.2009 05:09 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

How about, for an idea, wiring 2 memory cards, internally to the Gamecube, and maybe having 2 switches in the back that will tell the Gamecube whether to read from the memory card internally or externally. -Or- Same thing but with Wavebird controllers. No one likes things sticking out of their console (at least not in my experience).

PostPosted: 01.06.2009 14:36 
Super Modder
Super Modder

According to my experience, nobody likes Gamecubes :lol: Messing around with memory cards just seems so 90's... Might have been a nice idea back in the day, or if there was some enthusiastic Nintendo-fan still using the GC.

PostPosted: 21.09.2009 08:02 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Not sure if you are still looking to do this, but I created a tutorial about 4 years ago on how to put the Wavebird receiver inside the Gamecube.

The original link is: http://www.totalgamerz.com/2005/06/tgz-wavebird-mod.html , but I have since moved the website and the pictures are missing. Someone did get my permission to replubish/edit my original work and is stil intact here: http://modthatcube.tehskeen.com/content/mods/hardware/wavebird/index.html

The walk through is pretty thorough, but if you have questions I may be unable to answer them as it has been 4 years since I've done it! :D

PostPosted: 13.10.2009 22:24 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Thanks so much for the help, I have been desperately looking everywhere for this and it's either taken down or people say "who cares." Do you by chance know of one similar to memory cards? I know it's been done before with the Wii so I was wondering if it can be done with the gamecube.

Thanks again so much!
-lotr_Freak

PostPosted: 30.10.2009 06:38 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I do not know of any for memory cards, but would imagine you could match up the pins on the back of the board. Then solder them to the contacts of the memory card.