Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 14.11.2018 23:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01.12.2004 09:20 
Is it possible to make it just fade on and stay on? And then when the power was removed, it took a second to fade off again.

That'd be so cool!

Any ideas? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.12.2004 09:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This could be easier done with a separate capacitor circuit where the cap would start to charge when the power is applied to the circuit thus giving the led a delay to get the full brightness. After the power is turned off, the cap would slowly discharge via a transistor/resistor thus dimming the led. Idea is basically the same that I used in my latest mod; HDD Eyez

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.12.2004 10:17 
Ooh, that's perfect! I hadn't watched the videos for that mod yet.

Two questions, though.

1. Is it possible to make the fade on and the fade off be take the same ammount of time?

2. Can it be done with just a transistor or two instead of that optoisolator?

Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.12.2004 10:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, you can replace the optoisolator with a transistor. Making the led fade with same way (time) up and down is more difficult because the cap doesn't charge and discharge by following the same curve. This maybe possible with two separate caps... Because I haven't done this, I can't give you the schematics for it but just try to see how the resistors and different caps operate together.

It is quite safe to experiment with caps but there are two things that you should remember. Never connect the electrolytic cap "wrong way". This can result to an explosion. Also make sure that the cap voltage is rated two times higher than the supply voltage. It may work great with smaller rating than that with stabile supply voltage but I just wanted to point this thing out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.12.2004 10:51 
Cool, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for all your help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.01.2005 23:52 
Pystyisitkö kertomaan suomeksi tarkemmin kuinka saada kyseinen kytkentä tehtyä, tarkoitus olisi saada auton sisävalot syttymään hitaasti kun ovet avataan ja sammumaan hitaasti kun ovet suljetaan.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~kangasm/kovo.htm

tapahtuuko tuossa kytkennässä niin , vai hidastaako tuo pelkästään valojen sammumisen?