Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 06.12.2021 00:09

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12.10.2004 05:36 
it there any way to take the monitor off an old laptop and make it run out of a standard monitor port??? my friend has a whole buch of old laptops at work and i think they would make great screens. think about it you could mount them almost anywhere. but really any help on the subject or links to walkthroughs would be very very helpful. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12.10.2004 06:10 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

this topic has been brought up a few times before on this forum. try doin a search for it and see what ya find. im not sure what the final answer was on it. if ya find the thread, either post a link in this thread, or bump that thread.

Xxcr4shxX: w/e
Crash2108: we?
Xxcr4shxX: what ever
Crash2108: no, tell me what w/e is first

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.10.2004 00:16 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

"You need a PLL (phase lock loop) to multiply the horizontal sync to get a pixel clock (typically at 25 MHz, and 3 x 6 bit (very) high speed ADC's (analogue to digital converters), to convert the analog output from your VGA video card, into the digital signals for the LCD. There's a whole heap of issues relating to sync signals (some panels use composite sync) and positioning the image on the display wich is no easy task this is not for the faint hearted." -Junkyard Dog

"I've researched the Laptop LCD feasablility neumerous times (can buy them for $10 a piece at a local store.) The easiest way to do it is with a PCI or ahem - ISA card that is specifically built to drive LCDs. Not talking about cards with a DVI connector but proprietary cards with a broad spectrum of standards to chose from for most LCDs and they get hardwired to the LCD. Cost $200 to $500 USD."- Qballcious

Should really make an avatar. Nah. Nevermind.

Post subject: thank
PostPosted: 14.10.2004 01:02 
ok just seein if there was any way to salvage. thanks for advice!