Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 18.12.2017 04:21

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Option water pump, DC
PostPosted: 03.08.2002 20:51 
Auto-part stores carry generic windsheild washer fluid pumps that are fairly cheap, and are pretty small (smaller than most processor fans). I've used them before in school fair projects.

The only major difference is you're pumping water and not air. The pump needs an intake and an outlet, so you would be technically circulating the existing water instead of just pumping in bubbles. Might require a little rethinking as to the placement of the hoses/jets; but it eliminates the extra AC cord.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03.08.2002 22:05 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As you said, it pumps water not air. This is why I had to find air pump for this project. I used those washer pumps with my RC-airplane when I had it. Good for pumpung fuel to the plane from the service rig. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 01:19 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

cant you mod the washer pump to pump air?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 18:13 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

probably not...an air-pump are designed in a different way then water-pumps. Water is thicker you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.10.2003 13:47 
i was trying to think of another way to make this project and have it not be so thick. you just answerd my dilema. since you cant have the case be to thin or else the bubbles wont have enough room to get up. by using the windshield wiper pump instead of a air pump you can make water flow down from the top instead of having bubbles going up. theres a club here in Los Angeles with the same effect on thier windows and it looks pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.10.2003 14:34 
ok i did some research for this question and for my modified idea. for those of you that do want a bubbler here is a link for a quiet mini air pump (the first one (whisper air pump) looks like a good buy for silence and price):

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shopping/a ... arch.shtml

And for those of you that want to do my modified idea of a water wall here a link for a mini water pump (id probably go for the micro-jet or mini-jet):

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/shopping/w ... arch.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20.10.2004 14:46 
if you do th water flowing down the window you may want to try routering out the inside window to get better flow effects possibly even rout out a neat design