Site Admin

Image In English
Image Suomeksi

Questions, comments?

Kysymyksiä, kommentteja?

PostPosted: 15.12.2009 20:12 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I didn't realize that you can testdive a mousepad. What you can compare it to? Only to no-mousepad. I mean there are no resolurtion or anything that can make one mousepad better than another. Any matt surface will behave the same under the same mouse. So the only criteria that you can choose it for- is how good/cool it looks. As I see it.

PostPosted: 15.12.2009 21:07 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Like I wrote in the review, choosing a mousepad involves a great deal of personal preference. Some like them soft and "slow" (meaning more drag), some prefer their mousepad a bit faster. There really are big differences on how the pads feel and behave. I would never trade my newer mousepads to the old and thick "raindrop"-textured ones as they really don't slide as well, they don't track as well, and they are by no means big enough.

I myself have used around around 7 different gaming mousepads within a year, and I've found a couple that I've used for a longer period. I personally prefer a hard mousepad, as they've proven to be durable and they more often provide the mouse with a better glide. Those are some facts which I base my decisions on when choosing a new mousepad.

In addition to the tracking and glide properties of mousepads (I know... they are features which really cannot be given a definite value :) ) you can look at the mousepads in terms of quality and durability. For example I've come across a couple mousepads in the past, which wore out within a couple of weeks (in normal use...) or some which just were too sensitive to transport. For many people those are important facts to know before buying a product, so they know they'll get their moneys worth.

All in all, I can see your point. Reviewing a mousepad is in many ways hard as it involves such great amounts of personal preference. :) For some basic-users any mousepad will do, but for power-users and especially gamers the mousepad actually can make or break the user experience... The mousepad can have more of an effect on comfort and "performance" than a keyboard or mouse in some cases. :)

PS. Looks do have some impact on choosing a mousepad, but atleast for me, they come after the more important features ;)

PostPosted: 17.12.2009 14:54 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Thanks for the explanation. I admit, I was a bit wrong. That is because I don't have a mousepad- I use my mouse on a maximum sensitivity putting it on my leg. Since there is never enough space on my table. Anyway, I wanted to by a gaming mouse pad for quite q while now, but since it is not my first priority- I keep forgeting about it.
Nice review, anyway. Now I know that they are different and peple still use them:)
Thanks