Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 28.05.2020 10:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24.06.2004 00:28 
I hve a Micro$oft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 (new w/tilt wheel), which already has a clear-ish scroll wheel, but strangely enough, no LED. So all I need to do is take the LED out of one of my old El Crappo mice and put it in my new one. But where do I attach the LED? There are tons of wires in there, and I haven't the slightest clue what to look for. Also, I plan to add more LEDs to other stuff, so if you could tell me how to find out what to connect an LED to, that would be Überhelpful.

Thanx!
William

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24.06.2004 01:59 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Adding more stuff to wireless product's make them drain the battery faster. Maybe place tiny switch so you can turn it off when you want.

Easy way to connect the LED is to connect it directly to the batteries in the mouse but then it will be lit all the time.

Connecting the LED in parallel with the one that gives light to optical sensor might work but it is not very professional. Someone with better english skills can explain you why this is bad way to do it.

When you get it working remember to post the pictures to modgallery. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18.02.2005 02:13 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I have a similiar mouse and am looking to add 3 green 6000mcd 5mm LED's to it. I have already swapped the sensor LED, but I need to know where to attach my other LED's to. The batteries only supply 3V not enough to power the 3.3V LED's. So do I need a capacitor inline with the batteries? Or is there another point after some other capacitor that I can attach the new LED's to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21.02.2005 16:51 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Does anyone have any info about there to attach LED's on a Microsoft Wireless Mouse (I believe its Intellimouse Explorer 2.0). I want to start this project but I do not know where to draw my power from. Someone please give me some advice