Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 28.05.2020 09:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cant get the wheel off!!
PostPosted: 29.07.2002 00:56 
has anybody done this mod on a microsoft optical intellimouse who knows how to get the wheel off without destroying it and put another clear one back on???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.07.2002 02:56 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

I had difficulties taking mine off also. I eventually destroyed it just to take it off. They are fixed there somehow and the rubber material hugs the plastic, as if the rubber thing is melted and molded there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.08.2002 17:36 
Hey!

I just tried to get my own rubberwheel off of my brand new Logitech Wheelmouse Optical, is the wheel molded like on the Microsoft mice?

/Jeez/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.08.2002 06:35 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

yeah, i just ripped it out eventually, but it does take some time
last night i ended up starting the firewheel, and after i took the wheel off, some freinds showed up and wanted to lan, so i tried to put the old wheel back on, but it wouldn't fit after the mouse was screwed together. they have little grooves and stuff that hold the wheel from mobing at all. right now i just am using the plastic inner part without a wheel at all...doesn't do to bad...at least till i get a clear one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19.03.2003 00:22 
yeah, on my MS optical wheel mouse I just ripped the rubber off, kinda carefully to preserve the rubber wheel so I could use it for size comparison with my new plexi wheel.

but instead of just making a loop of plexi I cut the two plastic bits that it sits on off and created a solid plexi wheel and then just used 5 minute epoxy to attach the bits back onto the plexi wheel.

Post subject: howto
PostPosted: 19.03.2003 14:27 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

From Microsoft optical i ripped off the rubberwheel and all of its remainings, fitted the axle in a drill and filed its diameter to 8mm or 1/4".

Then i got a 8mm long piece from an 25mm/1" acrylic rod, drilled a 8mm hole in the middle of it and filed it to shape, and there it is. If really good job, theres no need to use glue either (i used epoxy).
This way i got maximum amount of clear surface without weakening the axle by cutting it in two pieces. And all this less than 15 minutes.

Unfortunately my camera have been stolen, so i can't send any pics of it.