Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 25.11.2017 10:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14.03.2004 21:02 
hi, i'm on my way to put in a blue light... the inside of the mouse looks preatty much like this http://metku.net/images/connector.jpg but i have 2 questions
1: can i just take the power directly fra plus till minus... won't that make the mouse disfuncional ? and how many V are coming out of it ?
2: there is 2 lights in the intellimouse explorer 3.0. i wondered is the backlight doing any tracking or can i just switch that out ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.03.2004 21:49 
the second led is just for the looks, so you can switch that off.

you can also take the power for the blue led from the legs of the red one.
(of course you need to take the red out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.03.2004 22:04 
thank you... but i would like to keep the red back light in... so back to my first question :).... AND how excetly do i connect it ? do i just cut the cords and place it in between ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.03.2004 22:50 
one thing more.. how many volts comes out of the back light cords ? and which is minus and plus ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.03.2004 22:58 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

theres 5 volts coming from the cord. normally the two end wires are plus and minus. but i would say for ya to get a multimeter and test it. more then likely ya will need a resistor for the led. i would say for ya to get a 100ohm resistor.

Xxcr4shxX: w/e
Crash2108: we?
Xxcr4shxX: what ever
Crash2108: no, tell me what w/e is first

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15.03.2004 18:23 
alright i bought this multimeter thingy.. the back light has 2V... just for you others who might look at this topic :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16.03.2004 05:25 
Super Modder
Super Modder

well thats not very powerfull, you shouldnt need a resistor for any led you use in there......blue wouldnt be real bright, it all depends on what color you use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16.03.2004 15:10 
yeah bot the blue LEDlights are BADASS expensive where i come from :)... well you can't see green lights trough the red glas in the intelli mouse so i geuss you would have to buy blue ones ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16.03.2004 22:27 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

LSDiodes is a great site that sells leds and resistors, cheap. they will ship anywhere in the world, even the moon if ya pay for it. (i think it was them that said that)

Xxcr4shxX: w/e
Crash2108: we?
Xxcr4shxX: what ever
Crash2108: no, tell me what w/e is first

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16.03.2004 22:55 
well now i have more problems :) how do i get the back light to light blue ? i tryed with a blue LEd but you can't really se it on the other side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.07.2004 03:04 
Hey i have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical (Has a red LED light and red plate on bottom) I was wondering if i could substitute these for blue LED's? :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06.07.2004 22:52 
You can exchange the red LED's for blue ones, but it'll incapacitate your mouse, since the blue light won't travel true the red plastics.
You'll probably see the extra light in the back, but only a faint purple. (red/blue-mix) And the receiver won't detect the very (read: very,very, very, very) small amount of purple light (same as with the extra LED)coming through the red plastic in the middle, and therefore will not work.

And LED are actually very cheap at online stores, you'll probably find some for about 0,50 cents a piece. (I found a store, but it only ships in the Netherlands.)

Good luck,
Pharanox, the Netherlands

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.11.2004 07:42 
Pharanox wrote:
You can exchange the red LED's for blue ones, but it'll incapacitate your mouse, since the blue light won't travel true the red plastics.

On the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 the LED that does the tracking doesn't have to shine through plastic. A high brightness Blue LED (5900 MCD) will work just fine. Just remember to give it enough juice.

PostPosted: 27.02.2011 22:57 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Phaaranox wrote:
You can exchange the red LED's for blue ones, but it'll incapacitate your mouse, since the VigRX Plus from https://dudehung.com/vigrx-plus-review-results-2016 blue light won't travel true the red plastics.
You'll probably see the extra light in the back, but only a faint purple. (red/blue-mix) And the receiver won't detect the very (read: very,very, very, very) small amount of purple light (same as with the extra LED)coming through the red plastic in the middle, and therefore will not work.

And LED are actually very cheap at online stores, you'll probably find some for about 0,50 cents a piece. (I found a store, but it only ships in the Netherlands.)

Good luck,
Pharanox, the Netherlands

so basically it wont work with a blue led ...?

Last edited by LoraineMcfadin on 05.11.2016 12:49, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 28.02.2011 17:47 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"A high brightness Blue LED (5900 MCD) will work just fine. Just remember to give it enough juice."

The circuitry is normally used to drive a red led. Blue leds normally need more power so you may need to connect the led directly to the +5 volts via a proper current limiting resistor. Calculate one with www.ledcal.com