Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 20.09.2019 11:37

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10.08.2002 01:50 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I am going to try the cryo project read the other threads and read the mod page. bought a mouse and opened it and this what i got totally different than the one on the site and i was wondering can you piz tell me what i have to do differently to make this work. Here are the three different pics i can show you of it. The first one is the mouse itself. The second is of the board and the third is of the cover. I really will appreciate the help. New modder Gundam182
http://counterstrike.terminalclan.com/m ... roject.jpg

http://counterstrike.terminalclan.com/m ... ct%202.jpg

http://counterstrike.terminalclan.com/m ... ct%203.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10.08.2002 12:08 
Site Admin
Site Admin

On that second picture you can see that connector that connects mouse that that cord. You can find power from the think black wire and red. Think black is ground and red wire is +5 volts.

Take off that connector and when you look it you'll find 5 copper connectors on one side. Use a needle to push those locking pins that are holding these pins in place and you should be able to free them from that plastic connector. Then you can solder your own wires to these pins. Just make a nice and small solder and the pin should fit back inside the connector with no problem. Just remember to bend that locking pin a bit outwards before you push the pin back to connector.

Hmm... maybe you can understand what I ment. :) Shouldn't be that hard but ask more if you have any problems.

Bottom side of that top cover seems to be more or less the same as in my cryo project. If you want more space just make the similar operations that I did or leave the mouse as it is and make a smaller window... Your decision. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2002 04:47 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Thanks Japala. I just ask for one more thing can you edit the second pic and show me what you are talking about i kind of get what you mean but, the idea of pointing out or drawing the area you told me to the the soldering job. I thankyou and sorry if i am starting to bug you but i love the project and really want it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2002 13:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just pull that connector off the circuit board and you should be able to follow my instructions that I wrote in my previous post.

Post subject: stripping is good...
PostPosted: 17.08.2002 06:43 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

You can also strip a section of wire and attach your wires then use some electrical tape to cover up any exposed copper areas...this will let u move the LED anywhere inside them mouse...Also as japala said using the red and black...as far as i know ALL mouses have those wires at least...so if u dont have the microsoft chip then look for those colors...