Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 31.05.2020 06:07

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Case Window Edging
PostPosted: 15.03.2003 03:19 
I just put a window in my case and glued the plexi glass to the back. I am looking for osmething like an edging to cover up the sides becuase one is really crappy (i didnt discover a dremel until side 2) I have tried some black plastic cut form an old binder but you could see under it and could see some glue and the edge. I tried some CAT5 wire casing like in metku's mod but it didnt stay on well with glue and just looked plain bad, any more ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15.03.2003 08:20 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

use your dremel again and round out the edges. Just use it like a power sander on metal. Just like mine, see. The edges are prefect, but I did use a metal file on the strait edges.
http://gotslickmods.tripod.com/case_window.htm
GL 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15.03.2003 10:12 
Yah I did what I could for it but i cant seem to get it all straight, I need something to fully cover it up because its just too bad..

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15.03.2003 17:23 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

In that case, look around everywhere for thick wire. In surge protectors, old appliances, anything. If you go to home depot, you can buy normal wire. But get a thick wire and redo the metku guide with these wires.
I personality used a black wire from a surge protector, and it works great. But not as good as that chrome rim for my "JIB" logo.
ok happy modding.
Laterz 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15.03.2003 18:53 
Hm...I have already glued teh window to the back though. I tried a bunch of different wire casings. Anything I can put only on the front of the case?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27.07.2003 20:02 
I know this is an old thread, but just a thought try running a fillet of coloured silicon between the cut metal edge and the window to cover the untidy cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.06.2004 09:53 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

i used P-Seal Weatherstrip. its weatherstripping used for windows, in the shape of a P. mine was 17" long and have 2 strips together, so you can down it and tear them apart and you one side. i cut the excess stuff to get a nice round shape. its already stick so i just stuck it around the window.

also if you do the wire thing, where it covers both sides, do you glue the window right on top of the "wiring" and if so, wouldn't the plexi stick up a little because it it being on top of the wire sheathing