Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 31.05.2020 05:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kink of light
PostPosted: 09.07.2002 16:31 
Hye,

Great site i think you are very clever and full of idea.

I have just a question what is the kink of light you use. i don't anderstant what you wrote at the right of last picture.

Thank

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.07.2002 17:39 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use the same Cold Cathode light that I reviewed here:

http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect=view&n=0&path=reviews/coldcathode/index_eng

Post subject: Elfa?
PostPosted: 24.07.2002 23:37 
Can I buy that light kit or just te ligt att elfa? I know that ju know swedish...så u vill know what ELFA is.
on swedish: Jag satte in en lysdioder men den e stark men ljuset blev inte så start på nåt sätt när man gjorde en slaks glowpad....hur gör man en? bara en stav alltså , vad för plast använderman och ska man göra något med det?` du kan svara på svenska eller engelska om du vill!

// schakalen

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.07.2002 00:03 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With that kit you get all that you need. Inverted and the light tube are the most important stuff. You can light the case with the leds but you need a lot of them and they should be bright. The reason why the light is so bright in glowpad is that the light is focused on the sides of the pad. Inside the case the light will go all around and not focus to a small point so it doesn't appear to be so bright.

Post subject: cost?
PostPosted: 25.07.2002 01:41 
what did they cost you and where? someplace in sweden plz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.07.2002 09:29 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I didn't buy that cathode tube myself. Just got it for the review. Here in Finland similar kits cost around 20 euros. ~150 swedish chrona?

Post subject: musmatta
PostPosted: 25.07.2002 12:14 
musmattan som du gjorde (glowpaden), hur ttjockt plexi och hur ska man göra för att ljuset ska sprida sig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.07.2002 13:32 
Site Admin
Site Admin

--clip--
I bought the plexi from a firm specialiced in plastics. They sell these surplus peaces priced by weight. I found this clear 500x500x5mm piece and payed 45 FIM for it (~$6).
--clip--

As you can read from the article the plexi was 5 mm thick. The light will spread around the glowpad on it's own. You don't have to do anything to help ip.

PostPosted: 28.07.2002 21:13 
But in the US, CompUSA is now selling cathode lights in their local stores. For those who don't know it's a computer store about the size of a WalMart (oh, yeah, you've probably never seen that either?) - okay maybe the size of your local grocery store?

They also have window kits (overpriced) and water cooling systems. All sold over the counter at your local store.

Post subject: Window with light
PostPosted: 05.08.2002 18:20 
I did my window a few days ago after seeing it on here. I bought my neon tube (cold cathode) from Advance Auto Parts for $20 US. Its made to plug into cigarette lighter. I just used a 12 transformer. Works great. I used automotive door guard made for trucks for the edge of my window. The door guard comes in about 10 feet lengths and it about 1/4" wide. This stuff already has glue inside. Comes in black and chrome. Awesome website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D