Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 03.06.2020 04:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cutting the blue wire
PostPosted: 09.11.2002 21:05 
How exactly did you cut the blue wire down the center becuase i cant figure out how to cut it. there is no lines to follow on my wire that i am using. I am using a carpenters knife to cut it but i dont really understand how to cut it exactly down the middle. I figured that if i just slit it a little bit and then tried to pull the copper wire out then it wouldnt fit as well as if it were cut down the center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.11.2002 21:55 
Site Admin
Site Admin

well... you can make that short cut and then rip that cable open with that copper wire inside. This sometimes work but usually this doesn't produce a straight line but that cut has tendency to start circulaiting that outer shielding. Hard to explain but that is the best I can do without drawing a picture. :)

I cutted the cable with that knife short distances at once. Just cut enough to penetrate through that outer shielding. It doesn't have to go through with every cut but when you make this kind of long cut along side this cable you can pull that shielding open with that copper wire more easily and with more precision.