Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 31.05.2020 13:07

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23.08.2002 21:38 
To all those who do not like this mod or don't understand why you would want to do it.. well why are you posting here then? I think this is a neat idea that I hadn't considered before. Especially since I didn't want to put a window on my next mod because the green cards would have clashed with the overall theme but now I might reconsider :D . So on to my post, I know some people are wondering about using the chrome paint might not be a good idea (imagine one huge trace on a board and shudder :) ) So what about putting a layer of liquid electrical tape on the back of the card first then the primer and top coat? it might even have a better effect since the bottom of the pins of the components would be smoothed out a bit but the tape. now the question is.. is it possible to paint over a MB in the same manner (liquid tape it first then chrome it), it should be as far as I can tell.. then you would just need to paint the fans chrome ;) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.08.2002 22:11 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because this works with add-on cards it should work with MB too. Don't think that you should go ahead and paint your new kt333 board as a first test piece but try this with something older... I have few older boards somewhere so maybe I'll try this too. Too bad that I haven't got that much time to do these mods but I will try to make less reviews now and try to get some mods done again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24.08.2002 00:45 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Maybe I'll try this out on an old PII board I have and see how it looks, it may be a while until I have time though. If I do get it done pretty quickly I'll try to post pics :)