Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 18.11.2018 18:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: front audio
PostPosted: 17.01.2008 21:50 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

i wanted to add my pc a front audio jack and i did connected JACK2 R to pin 5 and JACK2 L to pin 9, but if iäm listeniing music from speakers (rear audio) and i put in my headphones (front audio) the music comes form both audios instead only from front. I think it's something with thos SENSE pins.

PICTURE!!!!

Somwehere i found :

---------------------------------------
asus pinout to new case not responsable for others

pin1 mic2 = mic in
pin3 micpwr = micbias
pin5 lineout_r = r-speaker out
pin7 nc
pin9 lineout_l = l-speaker out

pin2 agnd = ground
pin4 +5va
pin6 bline_out_r =return r
pin8 empty no pin
pin10 bline_out_L =return L
----------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18.01.2008 12:54 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

I doubt that this is what you are looking for but it is what I use. I have my audio port in the front and the back of my PC. I DO NOT use the back port at all, I use this (or one like it , I think 1/8 connection) that I have in the front port. I use a 5 speaker system when I'm home alone, and I just pull the speaker cord out of one port, a slide the headphone in the other when I use the headphones.

I know many people who just use an extension, but this way I have that little extra length so I do not have to crawl on the floor when I want to change it.

Dan

(I know this is not 100% of what you wanted, but it is faster.)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103863&cp=&pg=1&searchSort=TRUE&sr=1&retainProdsInSession=1&retainProdsInSession=1&y=14&y=10&origkw=audio+adapter&kw=audio+adapter&x=16&x=7&s=A-StorePrice-RSK&parentPage=search

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19.01.2008 13:22 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

actually thats not even 1% what i wanted. help help help please, japala?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19.01.2008 13:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe you are correct about those sense resistors... I'm using the front audio on my P5W deluxe and it is working ok with Zalman's Fatal1ty case. There seems to be a small circuit board behind the front bezel of the case, right where the front stereo plugs are located. Too bad that I can't reach it to see if there are resistors and how they get connected with the socket. This case offers a standard pin-socket for the motherboard so with right cable, the operation seems to be automatic.

I suspect that there is an extra pin on the socket that gets tied either the ground or logical high voltage when the plug is pushed in. This is then connected to a resistor and a pin on that audio pin-header on the motherboard.

I'm not sure if the front audio is meant to disable the connectors in the rear? The sense is used to detect whether there is a speaker/headphone connected to the socket or not. When connecting/disconnecting the plug, the system sees this and asks what device you did plug-in or disconnected. Perhaps one can then use the drivers to disable the rear audio? Again, I'm not sure if this is the default action as I currently only use the font audio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19.01.2008 17:50 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I dont understand anything, its like bla bla bla shit bla bla bal :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21.01.2008 04:31 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

laibakargaja wrote:
I dont understand anything, its like bla bla bla shit bla bla bal :)

I am glad that you "got" what I was talking about... Is it looking closer to maybe 2% now...

Grin...

Dan

(Of course I am just kidding, I know 100% what it feels like when what is written is not understood -from both perspectives-. Give it time there are many people who i am sure wanted to do things like this in the past, and maybe someone will read this who can put it into something a bit simpler. It has happened for me on more than one occasion. Now honesty most of the time when I have a question, I want the answer RIGHT THEN after I hit the Submit button, but it does of course take time. It seems that at times I end up doing other stuff while waiting...)

Laibakargaja, I know it's not what you want to hear, (or read) but it will happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26.01.2008 23:13 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

well, lets hope so :D