Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 19.07.2019 01:03

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08.03.2008 10:34 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

First and foremost, YES I know this is not placed in the MOD area. Most of this is not really what I would consider a MOD or anything even close, so I put it here where I get 99% of the help from. THANKS BIG TIME. I would have NEVER even gotten started if it were not for those of you who had a bit of extra time and helped me out ALLOT.

(If this needs to be moved anywhere else, just tell me how and I will do it)

So here goes...

Even though I have a few of those helping hands things I found it easier when my stuff did not move around on me AT ALL.

I used "Plaster of Paris" and LEGO's (YEAH LEGO's) to make this. Drinking straws were used for the holes and when it hardened I was able to leave them in or take them out. I also have a couple more that are smaller, and still have the straws in it, but also with thin DOWELS in the straws with an alligator clamp on the end.

These are the motors that I have been talking about SOOOO much. I have tried SO MANY things to get them all to run at once and so far I'm still working on them. (I'm sure EVERYBODY in here has SEVERAL THINGS going on at once)

This is a close up of the dowel that I had to cut, drill the end and attach wires to so I could get power to them all.

These are (of course) the disco balls that I am going to put under the 12 motors when I get it working right. I have a few other silver ones and will swap out some of them for the these. When i get it to work properly it will be going up in My Daughters room.

These are the two fans that I was talking about a while ago. I have had them on constantly for over 6 weeks and am gaugeing<-sp. the dust that they are putting on the bottom of a laptop.

This is the first image of my first attempt to add a bit more air flow to the Xbox 360. When I started to drill it, I used to much force and it cracked.

Second image

Third image

This is the FIRST THING I ever soldered. I used a PCB and housing that held the LEDs in place after I gutted the HD. I REALLY just wanted to see if I could do something like this.

Now I do admit that the soldering was only on a few spots, BUT I NEVER imagined that "I" could make something that involved electricity. (Yes Yes I know it's DC, but I DID NOT know back then, till I started reading here.

The 360 with the 2nd attempt at adding air flow. This image and the one below looks ALMOST 100% the same, but if you look close you can see a Blueish light in the one below.

With my second attempt, I added a Blue LED so I would know when it is on. I have it on a wireless on/off switch.

You can see it better here. The over head light is off.

I moved the Fan-Light so you can see it better. It makes a kinda cool Blue circle on the ceiling when its on. If some of the other lights are off, it is 100% noticeable.

Last image of the fan light. It IS ON, but you really cant tell unless you notice the LED.

So that is that. I wanted to post all this up because I have been meaning to for a long time now. I DID NOT want anyone who has helped me to think that I was not listening and all, because without them I WOULD NOT have been able to do ANY OF THIS STUFF.

There are still other things that I am playing with right now, and will HOPEFULLY be able to post them much sooner rather than later.

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU (all) for helping me understand just a bit more day by day...

Dan

BTW - I have about 30 or so PCB's from old Hard Drives that I have NO IDEA of what to do with. Any suggestions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.03.2008 10:11 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hehe, Nice :) That was pretty innovative to use the HDD casing as a stand/mounting point for the leds.

PostPosted: 06.08.2008 10:39 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Thanks for the kind words about the LED's with the HDD, but this is NOTHING compared to the stuff I have seen here... So let's just not compare them then... Grin...

Now on another note when using Plaster of Paris (Plaster Paris / whatever) it is a really GOOD idea to coat it with some kind of top coat so it will not leave a mess ever where you put it. I have had to clean up every time I move the holder thing from one place to another.

Dan

PostPosted: 06.08.2008 13:50 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

That helping hands- thing looks great :P Your helper is mutant or something, SO many hands. Those discoballs are christmas tree's decorations?

PostPosted: 31.08.2008 01:29 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Grin... they ARE Christmas decorations, but My Daughter loves them SOOOOO Much I wanted to put them up in Her room, without using so many AAA batteries, but it just has not happened as of yet...

Dan