Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 19.07.2019 01:00

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15.07.2008 09:22 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

OK, so like always I wanted to start something else without finishing (grin) the several things I already have going. So after saving up a bit I was looking for parts and not only did I find some, I ALSO got a "Freebie".

The add was if I ordered over $50.00 bucks in stuff I would get a FREE Digital Multimeter.

I REALLY only NEEDED about $30.00 dollars of stuff but what the heck, I looked and found stuff to make it to $50.00!!!

Grin, so I got the package from the people I ordered from and the MM IS NOT what I consider to be a Digital MM.

This is what I got http://www.multimeterwarehouse.com/MS8264.htm and I am not FOR SURE if I get it or not or if I am just STILL confused about ALLOT stuff, but I THOUGHT a Digital MM was a MM that DID NOT have SO MUCH stuff on it, and I could just connect a (lets say) Resistor without having to set ANY range for it and it would automatically tell me what it was and I could go from 1 ohm to a 25meg without have to make any adjustments...

Am I once again just really confused or are my expectations just WAY to grand.

Thank You,

Dan

BTW - FREE is FREE, but I still think I did not get what I THOUGHT I was gonna get... And yes I do take full responsibility.

PostPosted: 15.07.2008 19:58 
Super Modder
Super Modder

That is a Digital MM, but it isn't auto range model.

I like manual range more, because it is much easier to read. You don't need to check tiny range marker on corner of display, because you already know what range you are using.

And using autorange meter, you still must select A / V / Ohm mode manually.

PostPosted: 15.07.2008 22:46 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50720050/A ... IMETER.jpg
Analog MM has analog gauge (...right word?)

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 11:07 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

OK, I get it, kinda... What I was "hoping for" was a MM that I could put the Leeds to lets say a resistor and it would just "pop-up" and tell me that it is a 470 ohm resistor or something like that. You know WITHOUT having to move a selector or anything .

Dan

YES, YES, I know I am lazy, but when I have so many DANGED projects all out on the table at the same time, I have NO IDEA of what is what when i have time to get back to it (them) Grin...