Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 25.05.2020 04:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21.07.2003 05:11 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

My plan for this mod is to not use colour on my side windows... I want to put biohazard symbols if anything on my case, so I'll print those off rather than purchasing appliques... Here is my idea that someone else may want to try...

When I get a dremel and start serious mods.. I'm going to cut out a rectangle from a 5.25" bay cover... mine are aluminum... some are plastic... I'll leave a small border of metal for style and to keep the sides that mount it intact. Then I'll cut some lexan or plexi to fit the hole and somehow mount it... then bam!! I have a 5.25" bay window... If you have an extra bay... that would be a nice mod I think...

I'd make several appliques that I could change between. One simply saying

Matt's
Computer

in some type of fancy letters that even laser cutting could not do for a high price.

Then have led light or a 4" cathode behind to light it up like Christmas at the Jones'

btw I live in Canada so this is CAN dollars...

is transparency expensive??? I think I'll ge tmy mom to nab me some from here work... Will the clear sheets that you use on overhead projectors work in an inkjet printer? They work in photocopiers... so I assume, but I'm not sure what japala meant by the paper he used, verify this please.

Also I bought a -pack of 8x11" Window decal paper... oh shit they're self adhesive.. i didn't even read the package for $15 pack of 5... dammit....

Anyways well if anyone's interested self adhesive sheets are available... a little pricey though. THey are made for inkjets.. They apply like those tattoos you used to get in gum... lol

Anyways I assume they are easy to remove being designed for windows... or any smooth surface as it says on the package..

What I got was made by XEROX, from Staples Business Depot