Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 24.06.2018 14:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21.04.2003 20:40 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

ok i hit up radio shack the other day in anticipation of my LEDs ariving any day now only to find them on BACKORDER!!! *sigh* am i dissapointed...anyway i hit up radio shack and got my switches and what not. They are the kind that have a light in them already. I spent forever picking them out because one thing about them had me confused. Now the other normal on/off switchs had only 2 prongs for wires and such. but this one has 3. They are labled of course. they are power, load, and ground. now power and ground are easy enough, but i was wondering if anyone knew what this "load" prong is for. i asumed it was for the light on the switch, but that leaves me with another question if that is the case. how would i wire it up so the light in the switch comes on when its on? Thanks in advance for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21.04.2003 20:47 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

ok nevermind guys a little bit of surffing helped me out on this one. thanks anyway though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.04.2003 01:54 
how did u fix it? what was wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.04.2003 19:20 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

well what was wrong was the fact that i didnt have any idea what the 3rd prong was for on the switch. I did some digging on the web and found this site: http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/switches.htm

And it turns out it works like this. Power comes into the first prong, goes out the middle one and the 3rd is a ground for the light IN the switch...

If you check out that URL its the last thing on the page. They have cool little flash demos so you can view alternate wiring methods, and see what happens when you flip the switch and such. And it shows you how to wire the lighted switches so the light is only on when the switch is on or to have the light in the switch always on.

Post subject: Dead Link
PostPosted: 27.01.2008 12:36 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Don't bother... The link is dead.

Dan

- If anyone knows where something similar to this is located, PLEASE post it. -