MetkuMods
It is currently 26.05.2020 03:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22.08.2003 09:02 
Site Admin
Site Admin

.:Storage
Lite-On 52x32x52x CD-RW @ Techware Labs
With 52x burn speeds, it is not the minor speed differences (a few seconds here, a few seconds there) that matter. What matters is that the quality of the burns stays consistently high when writing at such speeds, and quality is that on which the review will focus - so let's see if the Lite-On 52x32x52 drive is up to scratch!

.:Input Devices
Fraggpad Magnum Mouse Surface @ Furioustech
Are you a square? How about your mouse pad or surface is it square? Well today you fragging fiends we have the FraggPad Magnum mouse surface from Voyermods. Not only is it a great surface but it has a unique shape. Check this baby out, break out of that square mold and come on in!

IOGEAR Wireless Mouse W/ Laser Pointer @ Ohls-Place
It’s accurate and smooth enough that I will use it to play games on my HTPC, but definetly not something to use when playing Unreal/Quake/StarCraft/etc. But for games like Solitaire, Bejewelled, Alchemy, Monopoly and Trivia Pursuit, this is great. I can easily use it to surf the web when I’m sitting in my big comfy recliner.

Everglide Ricochet 2.52 Mouse Pad @ PirateSoftware.org
After reading this review, Everglide UK decided that they were going to improve their product even further. "How?" you may be all asking, well: with the help of some new feet that will make the once slippery Ricochet pad non-slippery (as the box suggests!)

.:Graphics
ATI TV Wonder VE Remote Control Edition @ Tweaknews.net
Having a product that is cheap and so easy to install, the ATI TV Wonder Remote Control Edition is by far a great buy. For ~US$75, you can compliment your videocard with a whole multimedia suite that is simple to use and proven to work flawlessly. As I have said before, once you have TV on your computer, you will never be without it again.

.:Power Supply
Seasonic Super Silencer 400W @ OCAddiction.com
Would I want this power supply in my case? After seeing the performance, I would definitely say yes. It will not "wow" anyone visually without some modifications but for quiet, dependable, almost completely silent operation this power supply kicks major a**.

.:Motherboard
Soyo P4I875P Dragon 2 Platinum Edition @ The Tech Lounge
Soyo has kindly sent us the P4I875P Dragon 2 Platinum Edition (PE), which sports enhancements such as a silver-ish PCB, more SATA and RAID options than I've ever seen, a sweet software suite, 6-in-1 card reader and more!

.:Cooling
P4 Cooler Duel @ Gamersdepot.com
Zalman CNPS7000-CU & Thermaltake Spark 7+

.:Memory
A-Data DDR500 PC4000 @ OC-Zone
OC-Zone has just review the new A-Data DDR500 PC4000 modules, they prove to be rock stable at high frequency, we got our modules up to DDR600! The downside of these modules are the high latencies that it runs, but the overclockability of these modules compensate the slow timings.

OCZ EL DDR PC3700 Premier Dual Channel @ Viper Lair
As we approached the higher speeds, we had a booting issue, and we've had to increase the memory voltage up to a big 2.9 to maintain stability. At 3-4-8-4, we managed a maximum over clock of 488MHz, but the ram fails the Memtest86 tests. Clocking back down to 16MHz (472 MHz DDR) resolved the problem.

.:Contest
"Blue Light Special" Give-Away @ BigBruin.Com
Up for grabs are a bunch of mods and ends that all feature some sort of blue lighting effect... An eluminX Sapphire keyboard, a Noise Isolator 3.5" rheobus, a Cobalt3 Pyramid V Fan Silencer, and a Thermaltake
Fireball Fan!!

.:Mods
Thermaltake Ducking Mod @ Cybercpu.net
I have seen a lot of really weird ways of keeping CPU's cool lately and this is one of those off the wall ideas that I think looks pretty good. The idea behind this mod is to pull the fan away from the heat sink to cut down on the turbulence that is normally caused by the fans hub blocking the flow of air across the center of the heat sink.

Chameleon Springs @ Unique Hardware
I needed something better than tie-wraps; something that would arrange the wires in a more satisfying way. The solution turned out to be the Chameleon Springs from Lizard-Tree. The Chameleon Springs from Lizard-Tree are an easy to install and an affordable way to make your computer case look amazing, organized and cool at the same time...

Printer Mod guide @ Red&Blackness Mods
I wanted a custom paint job, but I hadn't decided if I was going to paint the printer all one color or airbrush a design or two. I also wanted to use lighting, with el tape, a UV cc and led's. I toyed with the idea of using led fans and laser cut fan grills but I decided that this would not have much use in the printer.