Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 21.09.2019 04:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08.09.2003 08:49 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We just released our review about Cooler Master Aero 4 Lite so be sure to check it out. A nice budget cooler with this famous Aero fan from Cooler Master.

Lets see what we have in our mailbag for this week:

.:Cooling
:.Zalman CNPS7000 Heatsink/Fan @ VoidedWarranty.com
Overall, if you need cool for your OC'd CPU, and you're afraid of water cooling, this is an extremely effective cooler. As for the price, you get what you pay for. Here you get quality engineering and a product that works.
:.ThermoChill CPU.A.P3 1/2"ID AMD Water Block @ The Modfathers
The block is definitely an interesting design. The first thing you notice is how thin it is. The whole block is about the thickness of the TC-4's base. The acrylic is in fact thicker than the copper.
:.Thermal Paste Comparison @ OCA
It is good to know that the Ultra II is not electrically conductive. This makes it safe to spread over video card GPUs and Northbridge chips. It would be dangerous to spread conductive paste over video cards GPUs and Northbridge chips because if even just a tad amount touches electrical bridges, shortage will occur. This has happened to me before. I was lucky my video card didn't end up cooked.
:.Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan @ PirateSoftware.org
This fan could happily sit at the rear (or front) of a case and pump air around your average system without you needing to worry about not getting enough air flow. Vantec have made this fan silent, without losing massive performance, the quoted 27CFM might be a tad high in my opinion, but the performance is around there.

.:Input
:.Alienware Mousepad @ BigBruin.Com
It's the mouse mat surface that really makes the difference... The smooth side of the mouse mat is ideal for surfing the net and basic computer functions, but the rough textured side of the mat is ideal for gaming and desktop publishing as it has a precise and solid feel to it.

.:Modding
:.Noise Solutions @ enScape
All the methods described in this article can help to cut the noise produced by you computer by a considerable and surprising amount. What surprised me when using the baybus is dramatic drop in noise produced when fans are run at 7-volts yet little rise in temperatures. All in all it seems to be a fair trade off.

.:Motherboard
:.ASRock K7S8XE @ RipNet-UK
support for ATA133, USB 2.0 and AGP 8X is fairly standard these days... ... 4 USB 2.0 ports with a header for two more, has 6 PCI slots, ...onboard LAN and 5.1 channel audio ...
:.GigaByte 8KNXP (I875) @ OC-Zone
We can conclude that this is one of the best availiable Canterwood based boards, concerning the layout and features. It does even include a card that allows the users to have a regular SATA HD, outside de case, and use the Hot-Swapping SATA Feature.