It is currently 21.09.2019 04:13

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: News, News & News...
PostPosted: 08.10.2003 08:35 
Site Admin
Site Admin

.:Articles
:.Sleeving your PSU @ VoidedWarranty
I have had more than a few people ask, "How can I hide the ugly wiring inside my case?" And to answer that question, I have composed the following guide using the "Lab Rat" as the subject. Man, if ever a case needed some serious wire management, this is the one. So roll up your sleeves (no pun intended), and let's get at it.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Aerocool Deep Impact DP-101 Rev2 @ Viper Lair
So just how efficient is the Supertube? When it comes to metals, silver is the best conductor with silver pushing 10.312 K (watts/inch C). The Supertube on the other hand is capable of 72.184 K (watts/inch C) which even beats diamond at 16.000 K (Just for reference copper sits at 9.7790 K).

:.MicroCool NorthPole Northbridge Cooling Kit @ Club Overclocker
Now more than ever, it is extremely important to keep the Northbridge chipset on motherboards cool. It wasn't long ago when chipset cooling didn't even exist. But with today's ultra high clock speeds and overclocking jumps of up to 1GHz or more, Northbridge cooling is a must.

:.Thermalright SLK-947-U Heatsink @ A True Review
Thermalright has given us the chance to test their new copper cooler, SLK-947-U. From its looks, like the other Thermalright products, the SLK-947-U is nothing short of excellence.

:.Swiftech MCX-462-V @ Club Overclocker
Just when you think that CPU cooling couldn't get any better, someone comes along and blows everything else away. Swiftech, the undisputed champion in heatsink performance and quality, has just released a new ultra massive monster of a heatsink called the MCX462-V. Weighing in at 650 grams, and designed to fit a 92mm cooling fan, this is by far the most massive heatsink we've seen to date!

:.LianLi PC-73SL Aluminum Chassis *World Exclusive* @ TwistedMods
From the soundproofing foam lining the drive bay cut-outs to the removable power supply plate and indented power supply rack; including the anti-vibration rubber washers and special screws for the super-duty hard drive rack, and the extremely clean and professional front swinging aluminum door, there were no flaws that I could have seen under a magnifying glass even if I tried.

:.Raidmax SF862S Silver Hydraulic Case @ OCaddiction
Today on OCAddiction, Andy Miller reviews the Raidmax SF862S Silver Hydraulic Case. The case itself isn't exactly what you would call art, but at $36, this one's for the cash strapped among us. Is this thing is worth the money, or would you be better off using the box that it came in?

.:Input

:.Black Icemat Mouse Surface @ BigBruin
The Icemat is definitely a high quality mouse surface built to last... The Icemat is very attractive, and the use of glass gives it a distinct appearance you won't find with any other mouse surface. If you like having unique components that can still provide the performance you demand, the Icemat may be worth consideration.

:.Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 @ HardwareZoom
The manual claims that the wireless mouse can work up to 6 feet (1.8m) and this varies depend on positioning and interference. I've tested the mouse and transmitter with a clear line of sight and they actually still work at 2m. However, if the transmitter is blocked by a table, the range will be shorter. I have tried to turn on my wireless router, wireless PCMCIA adapter, bluetooth mobile phone and bluetooth headset, but all these wireless devices does not affect the operation of the mouse. In case of any interference, you can actually change the wireless connection channel.

.:PSU

:.SilenX 400 Watt Ultra Quiet Power Supply @ Tweaknews
I simply cannot praise the SilenX 400W PSU enough. I mean, I beat the hell out of this little unit, and it laughed at me. It never faltered once, and held true to all of its claims. It is stable and amazingly quiet.

.:Storage

:.Plextor PlexWriter - Premium-U @ Ohls-Place
When we think of premium CD-RW drives the name that always seems to come to the top of the list is Plextor. So what better drive to review than the aptly named Plextor PlexWriter Premium-U CD-RW External Drive.

.:Video

:.Vlsys L.I.S VFD @ R&B
This new VFD product has several new features and we are going to have a close look on this thing and see if it's better or worse than the LCD.