MetkuMods
It is currently 01.04.2020 15:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15.10.2003 15:23 
Site Admin
Site Admin

.:CONTEST

:.Motherboard Madness @ The Modfathers
The first 5 Gigabyte GA-8INXP Motherboards have gone which leaves us with the last 4. Not taking things too seriously we are giving one away in a spamming thread, two randomly and 2 for cool sigs. So if you want to win one, The Modfathers is the place to be.

:.UltraX - Winstress and QuickTech Professional kits on forum contest @ R&B
We are giving away these as 4 kits so you get one copy of each. So we got 4 winners. Winner pays for shipping. This software goes for around 250$ so stay sharp now as here are the rules. Post a minimum of 10 posts in our forums.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Coolermaster Aerogate 1 @ R&B
There are tons and tons of fan controllers out there so let's have a look what the difference is with this fan controller. We know that Coolermaster makes great products so this will be a fun review to do so we can see if they keep the quality on this product also. Stay tuned as we have a look at the Aerogate1.

:.Chill Vent 1 @ ohls-place
The crew over at Cool Solutions Systems
Inc. have come up with what I think is a very innovative method of getting those temps down a couple of degrees or so. So today we are checking out their new release the Chill Vent 1. Take cool air directly from the bottom of your case and route it directly to your heat sink with the aid of a 80 x 80 fan and I think you will find out as I did that it does indeed do what they claim it will do.

:.ExtremeCase.com Z-Black Windowed Case @ The TweakTown
Come join Mike "Darthtanion" Wright as he takes a look at the Z-Black Case from Extreme Cases, Inc. It offers a true budget price and some features that may give you enough reason to add it to your wanted items list!

:.Thermaltake Extreme Volcano 12 @ ohls-place
Volcano 7, Volcano 7+, Volcano Xaser 11 and now the Extreme Volcano 12 the changes continue but has the performance progressed with the version number? Only one way to find out, and that's to review it!

:.Titan TTC-CU9TB/SC Heat Sink @ Ohls-Place
When I saw the finish on the base of Titan TTC CU9TB/SC heat sink I knew that this one was going to be a contender. This was hands down the best non-lapped surface I had ever seen on any heat sink.

:.XPCases.com Black X-Dreamer Computer Case @ Tweaknews
As you can very well make out, I am impressed with this case. It's packed with useful practical and aesthetic features and is has a great price tag. Costing a mere US$54.88 and even having an included power supply to boot launches this case up to my top choice and I have actually claimed this case to be the next candidate for my own computer system.

:.Zalman ZM-WB2 CPU Waterblock @ The Modfathers
"It was however with some concern when I saw these dinky little waterblocks coming on the market appeared under the name of Zalman. With the experience of other East Asian companies getting into watercooling with horrific results, there was not a good foundation to build upon.

.:Digital Imaging

:.Canon PowerShot G5 @ Digit-Life
The increased number of pixels doesn't necessarily results in better visual quality. Since every pixel gets smaller, the requirements for the lens are higher. The reduced square also makes the camera less sensitive. Forced sensitivity increased noise. Nevertheless, it looks a successful solution, though I can't call it semiprofessional.

:.Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P72 @ The Tech Lounge
This is pretty much the middle-of-the-line camera in the Cyber-Shot 'P' series of cameras from Sony. The DSC-P72 sports 3.2 MegaPixels and a 3x Optical Zoom as well as Smart Zoom. Another nifty feature of this camera is its ability to shoot VGA movies (640x480) with sound.

:.PrimeFilm PF3650 PRO3 Film Scanner @ HardwareZone
The new PrimeFilm PF3650 PRO3 is just what every film photographer wants - a reliable and high quality scanner that does not only scan images off the film, but something that restores the original quality of the film at the same time. The PF3650 PRO3 is the latest film scanner from Pacific Image Electronics that's equipped with not only a high-resolution 3600dpi CCD, but it incorporates Applied Science Fiction's Digital ICE3 technology.

.:Input

:.Gyration Ultra Cordless Suite @ ASE Labs
It has been a bit over a year since I last reviewed the Ultra Cordless mouse from Gyration, but now they have updated the kit to include a keyboard and revamped everything. Let's see how this new kit performs.

:.Power Joy III @ HardExtreme
The Power Joy III bears a price tag of only 39.99$. It certainly packs a punch by including 100 games and the legal rights to play them. Remember the classic arcade games from the 1970's and 1980's such as Galaga and Dig Dug? All of these games are on the Power Joy III. The Power Joy III can be hooked up to any NTSC compatible TV. Of the 100 games, 84 may be played directly on the TV and the other 16 can be played straight from the controller's LCD screen.

:.Xoxide Black PS/2 Illuminated Keyboard @ Viper Lair
For the lighting; you have an (on / off) switch which is really nice since you don't want this thing glowing when you don't need it to. You don't have to put it into an external power source either, as the PS2 port supplies the power needed. One thing to note. When the backlight is illuminated there is an annoying high pitch noise that comes from the keyboard.

.:Modding

:.Sunbeam Cigarette lighter @ R&B
My first thought when I opened this was, 'What do you do with a cigarette lighter on the computer?!' Well I guess this is a great product for people that smoke. With this gadget from Sunbeam you can mount a cigarette lighter in a 5.25 drive bay. Easy to use and you never have to get up :)

.:Motherboard

:.Gigabyte P4 2004 GT Edition (GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 ) @ HardwareZoom
Amazingly, C.I.A. has done a better job than with manual overclocking. Benchmark results have shown that when C.I.A. is activated and accelerated by 7%, the actual performance is about 3% better than manually overclocking the CPU by 7% in BIOS. Seems that C.I.A. not only overclock the FSB but it also optimised other settings to improve the performance further.

.:Power Supply

:.Allied AL-B500E 500W @ BigBruin
Available online for $62.95, its price and performance are quite attractive as compared to some of the other brands that may have a more familiar name. Although I generally look at power supplies for their performance alone, the fact that Apex didn't comprise the technical specifications in order to make it visually appealing is just the icing on the cake.

.:Printers

:.Samsung ML-1700 Series Laser Printers @ The Tech Zone
As I'm sure you figured out, this is a double review today. The reason for this is everything aesthetic about these printers is the same, they simply vary in specs. The ML-1710 is a 600x600dpi black and white Laser Printer. It produces text and images (though not really suited for the latter) at 17 ppm. The ML-1750 is the bigger cousin, sporting the same speed specs, but doing it at 1200x600 dpi, which is more suitable for printing of images.

.:Software

:.Stardock WindowBlinds 4.1 Windows GUI Customization @ Tweaknews
WindowBlinds is a fantastic little application with a lot of power. For those us who detest the stock look of Windows, this is a gift from the nerd-gods. It can transform your desktop in an instant, and improve your system's performance as well (if you are already using visual styles).

.:Storage

:.Plextor PX-708A DVD±RW/DVD±R Drive @ Digit-Life
The new drive is not an original solution, but it's a current leader in the sphere of DVD recorders. This is the first drive able to burn DVD+R media at 8X.

.:Video

:.ASUS RADEON 9200SE 128MB,ASUS RADEON 9600SE 128MB, ASUS RADEON 9600 XT 128MB, ASUS RADEON 9800 XT 256MB @ Digit-Life
I'm not aware if ASUSTeK will use any other GPUs as well. Such models were chosen probably to prevent the inner competition with NVIDIA based cards. Maybe there are some other reasons. Today we will test the whole line. Note that it's the first time we deal with a card based on the RADEON 9600 XT.

:.ATI Radeon 9100 IGP Chipset @ Digit-Life
Today we are pleased to present one more integrated 3D solution for the Socket 478 platform - ATI's new chipset named Radeon 9100 IGP. ATI says that its integrated graphics core is based on the Radeon 9200, which stands on the level of the GeForce4 MX in nForce2.

:.Chaintech Apogee FX71 (FX 5600 Ultra) @ HardwareZone
The Chaintech Apogee FX71 could probably be the most awesome looking GeForce FX 5600 ultra graphics card around. Sporting VIVO functions, good accessories, video-editing related software and some other extras, it was an almost perfect product. In this review, you'll get to know more about this card and the complete low-down on the FX 5600 Ultra's performance and a few other attention-grabbing details.

:.MSI FX5600U-VTD128 (FX 5600 Ultra) @ HardwareZone
If you have set your sights on an FX 5600 Ultra graphics card and wouldn't mind having some appropriate software and games thrown in, be sure to check out MSI's huge offering of 20 utilities and 10 games accompanying the card the biggest bundle ever in for any graphics cards. Of course it comes at a premium but the net worth of the bundle is far more than that.

:.MSI FX5900-VTD128 @ Club Overclocker
If you're not up with DirectX 9 then you're going to be missing out on a lot of visual extras that these upcoming releases will have to offer. MSI has been a long-time partner with nVidia, manufacturing quality video cards based upon TNT and now GeForceFX chipsets. Packed with a gob of software, and wrapped up in a very hefty card cooler, this thing promises to bring Overclocking to the AGP slot, and Overclocking is just what I intend to do.