It is currently 17.09.2019 18:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Start-of-the-week-news
PostPosted: 17.11.2003 14:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

.:Audio

:.iRock 730i Digital Audio Player @ OCIA
The player is very lightweight and comes with an imitation leather case, a USB 2.0 cable for uploading MP3s to the player, a set of headphones, and a CD with a nice selection of software.

.:Barebones & Handheld

:.Sony CLIE PEG-NX73V & NX80V @ Digit-Life
The NX73V is made of black plastic and measures 71.9 x 131.5 x 21.8 mm. Although it seems light, it weighs 230 g because of metallic parts. But the build quality is excellent: the case doesn't bend or squeak and it's difficult to scratch it. It looks elegant at that.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.iCue CS-6058ROGX Case Bundle @ OCAddiction
I know at least some of you folks are the person in your family or circle of friends dubbed Computer Guru, so I'm sure you've run into the situation where you've needed to build someone a budget system that's decently fast, but cost efficient. That's why when you find a deal like this you don't pass it up: case, PSU, keyboard, mouse, and speakers - all for under $60 (USD)! That's what you'll get with the iCue CS-6058ROGX Mid Tower ATX Case Bundle.

:.Lian Li PC-6077 @ The TweakTown
We've got the very latest ATX computer case under the spot light today from Lian Li. The PC-6077 includes a whooping total of six 5.25 bays which is more than most full tower cases and it's only a midi tower!

:.CoolerMaster Centurion 2 Case @ Ohls-Place
We are continuing our case review cycle today as we look at the Coolermaster Centurion 2 case. The exterior offers you great looks along with stylish design line but can the inside of the case impress us as well? Guess you will have to read the review to find out.

.:Input

:.Icemat, Steelpad 4D, & Steelpad 4S Mouse Pads @ Overclockers Club
These, unlike normal mousepads, are optical mousepads, and so are a unique format and surface types. Now, our test mouse is no ordinary test mouse. Tonight, we have a top-of-the-line Logitech MX700 optical mouse to test with (more on why that's important later).

:.Logitech IO Pen @ HardExtreme
The Logitech IO Pen is great for office users as well as home users. The Logitech io is a sophisicated pen that is able to capture everything you write on anoto formatted notebook paper using it's built in optical sensor. The pen is bigger than a normal pen but the brains have to go somewhere. The pen packs a processor among other things in the space that the pen takes up.

.:Modding

:.Conex USB led cables @ Rbmods
So I get my hands on these USB cables on first impressions they look like ordinary USB cables, until you plug them in they look quite amazing. Even the ladies like them my girlfriend thinks their great, in fact no-one that has seen them has anything but praise for them. The cables have the standard A type connector on the one end and a B type connector on the other. This does make them limited in their connectivity as only devices they can be connected to must have the B type USB connector.

:.Aerocool Lubic-P3519 Customizable Computer Case Kit @ Tweaknews
Had the manual been properly written, I would have had fun with this. However, I did not. Somewhere in this world, there is someone without any experience whatsoever trying to assemble one of these cases and I know for a fact that each time they are having to unscrew a bar, they are that much closer to insanity.

.:Network

:.Optimizing Networks for Bandwidth and Latency @ LAN Addict
If you run your LAN party properly, then your guests are the primary reason for which you run your LAN party, and they are the reason you can run your LAN party. Secondly, your network should be one of the reasons they attend your party. Without a good network, your guests may not have as good of a time. If they cannot use a network with lower latency and more bandwidth than their home Internet connection allows, then that is one less reason for them to not attend your party.

.:Storage

:.Plextor 40*10*40 SCSI CDRW @ Rbmods
Ok I have never done a cd burner review so gI'm giving it a shot now :) Plextor was nice and sent us a Scsi CDRW 40*12*40. This is the fastest SCSI burner in the world.

:.Bytecc Mobile HDD Enclosure @ Ninjalane
If any of you are like me you probably have a small stack of unused and/or slow hard drives sitting in the corner collecting dust. Time to put those drives to work with this mobile HDD enclosure from Bytecc.

:.Mushkin Flashkin 256MB USB2.0 Flash Drive @ Viper Lai
"The Flashkin is definitely the fastest flash drive we've had the opportunity to test here at VL. For anyone who has used one of these devices, they will almost certainly tell you that they are extremely useful, and it's tough to live without one.

.:Video

:.Chaintech FX5600 Ultra A-FX71 @ Viper Lair
The Apogee FX71 performs well at 1024x768, as long as you don't go above 2xAA/8xAF. There is always room to tweak out some extra FPS, but if you are tweaking to gain FPS to use 2xAA/8xAF, you are losing what you are trying to gain.

:.Matrix Orbital LCD @ RipNet-UK
Case modding - it's big business now. Does your taste run to carving holes in your case and filling it with multi-coloured bubble lights? Or would you prefer something a little more understated, though still very smart looking, that can run all your fans, constantly display a stack of info about your system, and keep you up to date with the news headlines, among many other things? If the latter option is more your cup of tea then I think you are going to find this review interesting.