Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 21.09.2019 19:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23.12.2003 02:23 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We start with couple of mods that are not so "flashy" but functional. I present them in our forum both to promote this new Project Log feature and because these mods are pretty basic. Hopefully some readers will find them usefull.

Boosted cooler for ATi 9700pro
Original fan on my ATi 9700pro card died so I had to replace it with something. Read here to find out what I did.

Front USB
Here I will demonstrate this little mod that I made to transfer couple of USB connectors from the back to the front of the case. Handy mod if you often download images from your digital camera and have to reach to the back of the case for those USB connectors.

Affiliate News

.:Barebones & Handheld

:.Nimble V5 Digital Media Mini PC @ bigbruin
Inside the compact silver housing one finds such key components as a 733 MHz VIA processor, 256MB PC2100 DDR memory, and a 30GB hard drive... Its odd for me to know an entire PC fits in a box about the size of the one my last hard drive came in.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Thermalright SLK-800U @ LAN Addict
If you've been building your own PCs for any length of time at all you've probably heard of Thermalright. Thermalright has been making CPU cooling products for a long time. Their products have won numerous awards for innovation and performance. None of this is news to anyone who has used one of Thermalright's heatsinks. Today I'll be looking at the Thermalright SLK-800U.

:.Noise Blocker Silent Fans @ Raptor-Mods.co.uk
We all have fans in our PC's, some more than others. Fans used to be boring black things that sat and made noise in your case. But now you can get clear, lighted, UV reactive, the whole lot which is great for modders. Delta fans are known amongst overclockers due to the fact that they shift vast amounts of air (their 120mm moves 190CFM!!!!) Today I am looking at the opposite end of the scale, silent fans by Noiseblocker.

:.Aerocool Deep Impact DP-102 @ Viper Lair
Cooling almost 10C better at load than the Swiftech is defiantly an achievement. This goes to show how well the superconductor tube really works. Even using just one fan on the DP-102 compared to the Swiftech the DP-102 still cools better. Utilizing both aluminum 80mm fans really is how the cooler should be used.

.:Motherboards & Memory

:.Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum @ TweakTown
Don't be fooled, the Athlon XP processor is still going strong despite the release of the expensive and not yet mainstream Athlon 64 processor by AMD. Today we've got the Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum motherboard on the test bed which is based on VIA's KT600 chipset for the Athlon XP. If you cannot afford the Athlon 64 platform, pay very close attention to this motherboard!

Post subject: Noiseblocker Silent Fan
PostPosted: 25.12.2003 01:42 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Anyone know where to get a Noiseblocker Silent fan in the USA??

Please help me!

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25.12.2003 03:36 
Super Modder
Super Modder

apart from the fact that you should've made a seperate thread in probably Hardware, Crash might know