MetkuMods
It is currently 20.09.2019 15:20

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30.12.2003 09:46 
Site Admin
Site Admin

.:Audio

:.Logitech Z-2200 Speakers @ Hardware Pacers
The Logitech Z-2200 are outstanding speakers that present THX certification, booming base and clear rich sound. They are only 2.1 however, they produce superior sound than the Logitech Z-640. The Logitech Z-2200 demonstrates the power of 200-watt speakers, with two heavy 80-watt satellites and humongous 120-watt subwoofer.

:.Sicuro 2.1 Gaming Speakers @ envynews
Listening to the Sicuro 2.1 Gaming Speakers with my eyes closed, it is difficult to pinpoint where the satellites are placed, just like it's hard to tell where a subwoofer is in a room. This is due to the omni- directional design of the speakers. It's not a full surround-sound effect (like it's coming from behind you), but the sound is much wider than regular unidirectional speakers. This gives you an immersion that regular 2.1 speakers cannot provide.

:.Eumax 5-in-1 MP3 Player @ HardExtreme
For $119.99 most of the other competitors would have given you a 128 MB mp3 player and an FM Tuner. Eumax went to great lengths to make the customer happy and instead presented the consumer with an all in one player.

.:Barebones & Handheld

:.ClearView Acrylic Case @ Dev Hardware
-Modders- (folks who take pleasure in the art of computer case torture and modification) have to have something to make their SFF boxes stand out. Well, ClearView has stepped up to meet the challenge. They give us SFF enthusiasts a little eye candy to let us stand out from the rest: the ClearView Acrylic Case Modification.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Chieftec BX Front Panels @ Raptor-Mods
Today I am looking at a great little add-on for these cases, changeable front panels to give the case a new look.

:.GlacialTech Coolers @ Digit-Life
Fortunately, it's not typical of GlacialTech to leave things as is or do nothing for further progress. The Igloo family recently got 9 new models for the Socket A (5 budget-level solutions plus 4 high-end ones). Will they be able to maintain high performance level their predecessors reached?

:.SilverStone B032FW Enclosure @ TweakTown
Come join us as we take a look at a low cost aluminum case with some very high end features and see for yourself if it is worth the meager entry fee!

.:Digital Imaging

:.Minolta DiMAGE Xt @ Hardware Zone
The Minolta DiMAGE Xt performed fine for a 3.2Mpixel ultra-compact camera, but beware of its substandard performance in low light conditions, such as poor flash reach, pale skin tone, slow auto focus and an orange tinge in the night scene test shots. After weighing the pros and the cons, we decided that the Minolta DiMAGE Xt warrants a 3.5 out of 5 stars rating.

:.Crucial 256MB CompactFlash @ Viper Lair
Transfering the images off my camera was noticably quicker with the Crucial, copying the images to the hard drive using Kodak's Easyshare dock about 3 seconds faster than it did with the Sandisk. This pretty much supports the findings of our tests today, where writes were faster with Sandisk, and reads faster with Crucial.

:.Belkin 8in1 USB2 media reader @ Rbmods
We reviewed a 8in1 media reader from Belkin like a year ago that was USB 1 and tonite we have their USB 2 reader on the test bench. This will be interesting to see the difference between USB 1 and USB 2. Media readers are great tools for people that use alot of different media or a seriell device to transfer data.

.:Input

:.Xtrac pad roundup @ Rbmods
Xtrac sent us their new pads called the Ripper, Micro and Hammer. These are pretty big mousepads that seem to have the same features as the older pads from Xtrac.

.:Motherboards & Memory

:.Corsair TWINX1024-3700 @ Viper Lair
One thing to keep in mind is that any motherboard worth it's grain in salt will allow you to to run async. For example, at 250FSB, if you stick with 5:4, your ram is stuck at 200FSB. Maybe your PC3200 ram can go higher, but faster rated ram like the kit we reviewed today will give you more headroom.

:.VIA K8T800 Performance Motherboard Shootout @ TweakTown
We've collected three high-end performance motherboards from Gigabyte, MSI and ABIT which are all based on VIA's K8T800 chipset and tossed them all in the ring to fight it to the death with our still shiny Athlon 64 3200+ processor.

:.ABIT KV8-MAX3 @ MBReview
Overclocking our hardware on the KV8-MAX3 was nothing but exciting. The motherboard proved to us that it can bring out the full potential an Athlon64 system can currently offer with a VIA K8T800 chipset. Although the overclock was only a hairline above what other K8 motherboards have achieved with the same chipset, ABIT continues to show us they are serious contenders within the realm of the overclocking world.

:.DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B @ HardwareZoom
This board should satisfy both overclockers and mainstream PC users. It has been awhile since we saw boards with great bundles, good performance and a good price so it shouldn't dissapoint anyone. The LanParty Ultra B board should propel DFI back to the top-tier level as a motherboard manufacturer.

.:Power Supply

:.SilenX 400W extrema @ Rbmods
They sent us their 400W silent PSU which is supposed to run under 14dB. We are going to compare it to a Zalman PSU that we reviewed awhile ago and gave out recommendations for.

.:Storage

:.Hitachi 7K250 Serial ATA Drives in RAID_0 @ envynews
When I finished my review of a single Hitachi 7K250 hard drive a few months ago, I immediately knew that I had a winner on my hands. Better yet, after the success of the Maxtor RAID_0 article, I knew that I had to try the same setup with this drive and see what could happen. The result of this experiment was quite surprisiing.

.:Video

:.3Dlabs Wildcat VP990 Pro @ Digit-Life
Speaking generally about the 3ds max, I must say that 3Dlabs' solutions is not a good choice for this packet. We do not recommend using the special driver for the fifth version of the packet because of too many bugs. Also, it doesn't make any sense to use the standard OpenGL driver because the operation is quite slow.

:.HIS 9600XT and 9800 Pro IceQ @ TweakTown
With rock bottom prices and some innovative features, it is time to see if the myth of "getting what you pay for" needs to be thrown out the window.

:.Samsung 241MP LCD Monitor and HDTV @ envynews
I found the lack of DVI and manual screen geometry/sizing settings turned me off using this as a primary PC display. It's big yes, but there is no point when you can't use the entire display area without butchering the aspect of your image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.12.2003 10:51 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Damn, I wish i had the Cash for any of those Logitech "THX" (though its not the same as the orig THX) systems. My mate has one of the 4.1 systems, and the sub is insane.

On another note, it seems there are more and more compannies making PPre-Modded stuff, wich does cut down somewhat on the coolness factor of self done mods. Say for instance when the home made mod, that someone has slaved over for hours/days/weeks in not only doing the mod but the concept and planning stages as well, is put up gainst the pre mod product that has been machined engineered etc, it does dertract some from the work that went into it.

Which is what a lot of ppl seem to fail to appreciate, for me anyhow, its asmuch about making the mod as the finished product

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.12.2003 16:52 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

BUt then for lazy people and noobs its great + it gives us modders a challenge. Those systems look good but i think theyd have no use cause i just run my sound through my big old s0ny stereo its great.

The faster a cpu the faster it will reach a crashed state.

Ratta tat tat's back... kinda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31.12.2003 16:44 
Super Modder
Super Modder

bah!! gimmie some cardboard and neodymium and i'll make u a set of speakers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.01.2004 07:09 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

Im sure, did you know the loudest sub in the world had a concrete base and it still broke. Lol.

The faster a cpu the faster it will reach a crashed state.

Ratta tat tat's back... kinda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.01.2004 09:16 
Super Modder
Super Modder

yea, the jet-propelled blood from everyone's ears probably cracked the concrete just as much 8)