MetkuMods
It is currently 27.11.2014 11:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mod your SATA Cables!
PostPosted: 22.10.2007 00:07 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BABY SATA Mod

It was great to see industry moving from IDE to SATA. No more wide cables to prevent free flow of air or ruin the looks. SATA cables are nice but for some reason they make them overly long. If you need a shorter one, why don't you mod one?

Affiliate News

.:Audio

:.SanDisk Sansa Clip Music Player @ CoolTechZone
These are music players that you don't mind getting hot and sweaty with, and they can endure long sessions without giving up, thanks to their tough attitude and an equally low price tag. The Clip is a perfect definition of "gym-ready" music players.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound @ extremeoverclocking
We received a request recently from Tuniq to evaluate their new TX-2 Thermal Compound. Tuniq has been packaging TX-1 with their heatsinks for quite some time but this is the first offering from them that is available by itself. Tuniq is a subsidiary of Sunbeam Technology. They create a number of products such as heatsinks, cases and power supplies targeted toward the high end PC enthauist.

:.Rosewill R6AS5 PC Case @ ThinkComputers
To those of us computer enthusiasts that are more on the snobbish side, Rosewill is a brand that is often overlooked. You know, in most aspects of my purchasing life, I buy the generic or the cheapest.but when buying computer hardware, I nearly always buy the "big name" or proven products. I have previously owned one Rosewill product, an IEEE 1394 PCI card, that I bought thinking I would need it to review a Firewire item. It wasn't the cheapest I could find, but it was the cheapest I could find with a brand name I had heard of. Rosewill makes a wide range of hardware items, and their goal is to build quality merchandise that will sell for a reasonable price. Today, I'll see if the R6AS5-BK lives up to that goal.

:.Zalman STG-1 Super Thermal Grease @ HardwareXL
I had run out of cooling compound so I send my girlfriend out to get some. My first reaction was that she had bought some nail polish and totally forgot to buy me some cooling compound. After inspecting the package a bit more I realized that what she had bought was in fact a new product from Zalman, disguised as nail polish ;-).

.:Input

:.Fanatec Headshot Controller @ techPowerUp
The Fanatec Headshot Controller is a mouse and mousepad combination from German manufacturer Fanatec. Usually such a combo is a low quality product, but not in this case. We were surprised by the excellent build quality which is on par, if not better, with big names like Logitech and Microsoft. Also the mousepad has an incredibly smooth surface with almost no friction.

:.X-Arcade Tankstick Dual Joystick Controller @ futurelooks
Yes, even when you play a hardcore button mashing game like Metal Slug or an intense fighting game like Mortal Kombat, the TankStick will not only hold its own it'll take the beating and it'll like it.

.:Misc

:.Computer Build Guide Part 2 of 2, Assembling the Computer @ Rbmods
Once you've chosen and obtained all your computer components, the next obvious step is to put them together into a working computer. This part of the guide is focused on providing general guidelines for how to put the pieces of your computer together. However, you should always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific information regarding your hardware. Also, feel free to post questions on rbmods.com forums if you have specific questions.

.:Motherboards & Memory

:.ASUS Blitz Formula & Blitz Extreme Motherboards @ Virtual-Hideout
ASUS has been gracious in providing us with two enthusiast minded solutions for both DDR2 and DDR3 utilizing the same P35 chipset, in the Blitz Formula and Blitz Extreme. Why would ASUS consider offering the two options? Well in a nut shell, it simply saves you some money since new memory standards are always costly at the start and some users would like to really maximize their DDR2 based system. ASUS is well aware of this and felt that there was no reason why both kinds of memory module owners couldn't have a little bit of cake and ice cream. The only question you would need to ask yourself is, which flavor ice cream you would like.

:.Gigabyte GA-X38T-DQ6 (Intel X38) @ hardwarezone
We return to Gigabyte's stables to give their high-end X38 based DQ6 series another go. This time, we take the DDR3 GA-X38T-DQ6 out for a spin instead. How does the GA-X38T-DQ6 fare in comparison to the DDR-only GA-X38-DQ6? Find out inside.

.:Power Supply

:.Ultra X3 800w Modular Power Supply @ OCIA
Marking the 3rd generation of Ultra's popular X-Connect line of power supplies, the latest X3 series combines all the great features of previous models, such as fully modular design and FlexForce cables, with high power outputs to satisfy the demands of today's multi-core CPU/GPU systems.

.:Storage

:.OCZ ATV 4GB USB Flash Drive @ ocmodshop
OCZ is here to save the day with their ATV line of Flash drives. Not only is it completely waterproof, but its squishy rubber coating makes it so impact-resistant that it actually bounces. On top of all that, this drive comes in large 4GB and 8GB capacities and utilizes dual-channel technology.