Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 21.08.2019 13:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17.04.2008 23:53 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Super Talent Pico A 8 GB

Still the same small size as with the 2 GB model but the storage space got a lot bigger - four times bigger!

Affiliate News

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Antec Mini P180 @ Bjorn3D
design and construction, and today's examples are a nice departure from the vanilla rattle boxes of days gone by. Increased cooling capabilities, quieter operation, and style are just a few of the advances - and with these often come increased size and weight. Recognizing that many PC enthusiasts actually like to be able to move their systems, Antec has come up with a smaller, more portable case with this in mind. Enter the Mini P180 Advanced Super Mini Tower - the newest member of the Antec Performance One series of cases.

:.Lian Li V2010 @ 3dgameman
The Lian Li V2010 Case is a prime example of what a full tower case should be. It has lots of room to work, removable motherboard tray, 7x5.25" drive bays, 8xHDD bays, multi-media ports (including eSATA), 3 fans (2x120mm & 140mm), aluminum caters, and so much more. This case is one of the very best because it has exactly the right ingredients. There are many full tower cases on the market but there are none like this! If you are looking for a high quality full tower case that has it all, don't look any further. Watch the video to find out more and check out the bloopers at the end.

.:Input

:.Logitech diNovo Mini Wireless Kit @ ASE Labs
It has been a long time since I last reviewed a Logitech product. CES has come and gone and with the show brought some interesting items. One such item that Logitech was showing was the diNovo Mini which is targeted to media center PCs like those provided by MythTV. The diNovo Mini was released a few weeks ago and it is the spotlight in this review.

.:Motherboards & Memory

:.Patriot Viper PC3-14400 DDR3 Memory @ Rbmods
Another DDR3 kit hits our test bench and this time it is a kit from Patriot. We got their latest Viper kit that we will put vs some fast performers from both Corsair and Supertalent. We are going to twist and turn this ram kit to see how it performs in Superpi and Everest among other test programs. We are also going to put this kit vs the otheres in a overclocking test to really see how well it performs so stay tuned.

:.Asus Striker II Extreme @ Club Overclocker
Asus have generally been among the top boards in the enthusiast market. Not too long ago, Asus stepped up their game by introducing the Republic of Gamers (ROG) motherboard line. This line of motherboards promises the best gaming and the best overclocking that you can get on an Asus board. In other words, this is the best of the best that Asus has. Being labeled the best of the best has good points and bad. Since I know I'm getting the best that Asus has to offer, I'm expecting a lot from this board. Let's dig into the Striker II Extreme and see if it can live up to the hype.

:.Asus P5E-VM @ neoseeker
With a video card, I was able to boot into the Windows desktop at 535MHz x 6 - but it was not stable; I think giving even more voltage to the northbridge would stabilize it, but frankly, I was worried about frying the northbridge. But 500MHz x 8 is stable, with the memory running at 5-5-5-15, when I use a video card.

:.DDR3 1800MHz Round Up @ Pro-Clockers
Today is the day where I try something a little different here in the Pro-Clocker lab. I will take some of the fastest DDR3 modules on the market and see how high I can get them to overclock. We are taking four sets of the highest quality DDR3 that are advertised at least 1800MHz from their respective manufacturers. OCZ, Super Talent, Patriot and Kingston were all nice enough to test samples for this mini roundup.

.:Storage

:.ASUS DRW-2014 L1T DVD-RW @ Virtual-Hideout
As far as DVD optical drives go, the Asus DRW-2014L1T is right on par with a lot of the other drives in its class. The LightScribe is a bonus for those who like to label their discs. Most drive noise is created when the optical disc starts to wobble and vibrate. This vibration is transferred to the drive motor and tray, thus making the noise. The QuieTrack feature and Auto Vibration Reducing System seem to work really well, as the noise level from a spun up disc was low. FlextraLink[tm] prevents buffer under run problems caused by an empty data buffer, thereby eliminating the creation of CD-coasters. This technology is similar to, and seems to work as well as, other companies' buffer under run technologies.

:.Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 16MB HDD @ Viper Lair
The Hitachi came about the DeskStar lineup with their and IBM's merger, with the history behind the DeskStar (I know, I had to bring up the old stuff) I am sure IBM was not to sad to let Hitachi run with it. Obviously those issues are long gone as Hitachi has gained a stellar reputation with their iteration of the DeskStar.

.:Video

:.Diamond Viper Radeon HD 3850 512MB Overclocked Ruby Edition @ HotHardware
As its name suggests, the Viper Radeon HD 3850 512MB Overclocked Ruby Edition's frame buffer has been doubled from the reference card's 256MB to 512MB. Additionally, Diamond has gone an extra step and raised GPU and memory speeds from the default 670MHz / 830MHz of the original reference design to 725Mhz / 900MHz.

:.Samsung LN-T4081F LED Backlight LCD 40" HDTV @ bonafidereviews
Today in the BFR labs we have a brand new display from Samsung's latest 81 series of LCD HDTV's. The specific model we have is the LN-T4081F, a 40" 1080p LCD display. The 81 series displays are unique because they feature Samsung's LED SmartLighting technology.