Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 24.10.2014 16:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Antec Gaming Case review
PostPosted: 08.07.2008 22:42 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me and my Multilayered Engraving Animation project over at Instructables. We came second and boy am I proud or what?! ;)

Antec 300 vs. 1200

This time we took a look at two of the cases from the Antec's Gaming Case lineup. Three Hundred and Twelve Hundred have their own strong and weak points and hopefully this review helps you decide which case if the one for you.

Affiliate News

.:Barebones & Handheld

:.OCZ DIY Gaming Laptop @ computershopper
OCZ's DIY Gaming Laptop is both a cost-effective alternative to prefab notebooks and a user friendly-introduction to PC building. At $699, it's a steal for any PC builder looking for a summer project that's off the beaten path.

.:Cases & Cooling

:.Antec Three Hundred @ Virtual-Hideout
Sure you have to buy a power supply, and I know they want to pass that off as a "feature" (lol, marketing people are funny), but at $60, I sure couldn't find a nicer case for that price. It's well laid out, sturdy and light, with a lot of extras you wouldn't expect to find, even in cases much more expensive. I love how clean the case is, it doesn't try and hit you over the head with blue LED's or flimsy plastic parts that are hot glued on.

.:Digital Imaging

:.Intro to HDR Photography @ Icrontic
You've likely seen them lately, if you visit photography sites of any kind ? the so-called "HDR" photographs that have been making their way onto the net. Maybe you like them, maybe you think the effect is overused, or maybe you don't know what HDR means. If you don't like them, this article won't be for you, but for the rest of us, I hope to explain a little more about these HDR shots and how to create them yourself.

.:Input

:.Qpad CT Mousepad @ Rbmods
A few years ago we looked at a few Qpad mousepads and since then these pads have been used by us. I have not been able to find another pad that works as well as these and and because of this we are going to look at the new CT pad which is available in various sizes and colors. This new CT pad lets you choose between a soft or hard top depending on the thickness you choose.

:.Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse @ OCIA
We have hardcore gamer mice with plenty of customizable buttons and super-sensitive laser tracking, ergonomic mice that offer great comfort and ease of use, all-purpose mice that are suitable for most needs and even mobile mice, designed for use with your notebook while you are out of the office on business or maybe even on vacation. Logitech has mice that fall into every category mentioned, and today we will be taking a look at the VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks, a portable solution that promises to pack a lot of features in a very small footprint.

.:Motherboards & Memory

:.XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI and Zotac nForce 790i-Supreme @ Digit-Life
We decided it would be logical to merge reviews of XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI and Zotac nForce 790i-Supreme into one article, because both products are, in fact, reference boards that were ordered by NVIDIA from its manufacturer. Thus, if you are going to buy something similar from another company (e.g. EVGA), this article will also be useful.

.:Storage

:.Eagle Consus D-Series @ gideontech
On the review block for today is the Consus D-Series dual SATA hard drive external storage system from Eagle Tech. The D-Series has the ablity to use JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) spanning to combine your odd sized disk drives into one larger drive, or you can run it plain old RAID 0.

:.Silicon Power 64GB SATA Solid State Drive @ Benchmark Reviews
Benchmark Reviews tests the Silicon Power 64GB SATA SSD model SP064GBSSD25SV10 against nearly a dozen other Solid State Drives to see how well their SSD performs.

.:Video

:.OrigenAE T12 Touch Screen @ techPowerUp
The OrigenAE T12 is a 12" touch screen that will set you back 800$. It is capable of processing up to 1080p resolution - perfect for that home theater. Thanks to the umbilical cord, you not only have a mouse at your fingertips, but also an IR receiver and USB 2.0 hub. Best of all the OrigenAE T12 does not even require an external power source, everything is integrated in the single cable.