Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 23.10.2018 00:16

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29.07.2008 00:04 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Image As most of the visitor's in the event will be from Finland, I'll make this very brief in english: Metkumods will be hosting couple of modding workshops in co-operation with Bosch/Dremel during the Assembly 08 event. Full press release in finnish.

Image MetkuMods ja Bosch/Dremel yhdistivät voimansa ja tuovat modauksen Assembly 08 -tapahtumaan. Esittelemme modaukseen liittyviä tekniikoita Dremelin työkaluja käyttäen perjantaina ja lauantaina. Lue asiasta tarkemmin lehdistötiedotteesta.

Steelseries Siberia Neckband

Sound is very important in gaming. Music sets the scene, spoken dialog deepens the plot and voice communication is the key in multiplayer gaming. SteelSeries Siberia Neckband might be just perfect headphones for your use. Read on to find it out!

Affiliate News

Cases & Cooling

:.Lian Li V1010 Case @ Ninjalane
This is a full aluminum unit designed for normal and extended ATX motherboards complete with separate heat zones to enhance PSU, HDD and motherboard cooling.

:.APACK ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 Premium @ tweaktown
Even though ZEROtherm doesn~Rt have a long history of enthusiast products, their quality has impressed me thus far. The Hurricane HC92 won an award in our Mega 9-way VGA cooler roundup back in April. And their latest product, the ZEN FZ 120 proved to be a great performer with the added benefit of costing less than enthusiast CPU coolers. Today we will be looking at ZEROtherm~Rs flagship cooler; the Nirvana NV120 Premium.

:.Thermaltake M9D @ Rbmods
When I choose a computer case, I am often drawn towards a couple of things: good looks and cool features that will make building and using the computer enjoyable. Thermaltake, makers of a wide variety of computer products, sent us a sample of one of their new cases, the Thermaltake M9D mid-tower computer case, which from the package seems to combine stylish looks with a sophisticated design. Can their case live up to these lofty goals?

:.Raidmax Iceberg Case @ Virtual-Hideout
The Raidmax Iceberg impressed us with its sturdy and quality construction. We were definitely not expecting an aluminum case to be so strong, but the thick aluminum of the Iceberg makes it one of the strongest cases we've seen. The design of the case also makes it one of the easiest to disassemble, from the nice side panels to the easy-to-remove front panel. Cooling options provided were also very decent, with four fans out of the case.

Input

:.OCZ Alchemy Series Elixir Keyboard @ Club Overclocker
Over the years I've definitely wore out my share of keyboards so I know how important it is to choose a good keyboard that is not only comfortable, but built with certain level of quality that can withstand the abuse of gaming. Now find a keyboard that is all that plus includes great gaming features like programmable macro keys. While you're at it, keep the price down around $30. Impossible you say?

Modding

:.FatMat Sound Control @ Mikhailtech
Trying to resolve computer noise? But having a hard time justifying spending a ton of dough on highly rated case just to keep the decibels down? Well perhaps some FatMat sound control would be the answer. We're going to use it on everything from a high-end HTPC case to a custom case with some thinner panels. Will this automotive product work in a computer case? Lets find out!

Motherboards & Memory

:.ASUS P5Q-E Intel P45 Motherboard @ ThinkComputers
Today I am looking at the Asus P5Q-E, one of Asus' three budget-minded P45 motherboards, this one supporting CrossfireX, with two x 8 slots, and one x 4 slot (the primary PCI-E slot is x 16 when a single video card is used). It also sports heatpipe chipset cooling, and other features we'd expect only on Asus boards costing much more, all with an energy-saving theme. How will this board stand up to the requirements of enthusiasts? Read on to see.

Storage

:.QNAP TS-209 Pro II @ PC Review
Many small businesses and advanced home users will use some form of external storage device to backup data or store common files across a network. One of the most convenient methods of doing this is to use a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device, which allows you to access network shares from all other PCs connected to the same network. The QNAP TS-209 Pro II provides space for two SATA hard drives, providing ample storage capacity (for example, 2 x 1TB drives). However this NAS unit isnt quite as simple as just providing access to storage space, it can do a whole lot more.

Video

:.EVGA UV Plus+ UV16 USB 2.0 Video Adapter @ Legit Reviews
Setting up the EVGA UV Plus+ UV16 could not be easier. First you~Rll want to plug your monitor into the display adapter. As the manual states, drop in the driver CD, install the driver when prompted, reboot. Once Windows comes back up you~Rre ready to hook up the USB cable to your laptop/desktop. After an extremely brief ~Sfound hardware~T your display may flash, and then will be visible on the newly attached monitor. On the two systems that I installed this on the monitor started in clone mode. A simple click on the system tray icon brings up options to change it to extended and even lets you choose which way you want to extended it...

:.Visiontek HD4870 VGA @ overclockercafe
Aside from competition, it shows that ATi and NVidia are starting to recognize that of the 100% of us who would like to buy a $600 card, only about 1% actually can and do. Cutting that price premium in half opens these products up to a significantly larger audience.

:.BFG GTX 260 896MB @ Hardware Canucks
Both the GTX 260 and the GTX 280 were launched a little over a month ago and while the higher end 280 was available immediately at launch, the less expensive 260 was greeted with a paper launch. Since that time, Nvidia seemed to have been surprised by ATI's launch of the HD4800-series of cards which turned out to be extremely successful and performed above what many expected them to. In order to combat these lower-priced cards, Nvidia has sent the prices of the GTX 280 and GTX 260 into freefall. Once retailing for a bit over $400, GTX 260 cards can now be had for a shade under $300 after rebates here in Canada in some rare cases. Say it with me again: "competition is good".

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 20:09 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

I wish that the people from google would get something to translate Finish <-sp... It seems I miss so much by not understanding it, and even more so I do not want to keep bothering people to tell me what was said...

Grin...

Dan

PostPosted: 04.08.2008 00:33 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

Location: Finland CPU: i5-750 RAM: 4Gt, HDD: 2000 Gt, GFX: RADEON HD 5770, D: 22"+44"
Google have translator, what translate whole finnish page to english... (or some else languages)
http://translate.google.com/translate_t