Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 22.10.2018 00:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24.11.2008 19:33 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A-DATA's entry to the SSD market couldn't be better. Their new XPG 2.5" SSD may not be the fastest kid on the block but offers something that is lacking from many others - The USB2.0 Port. This makes the drive usable with any
laptop/computer that have this port, making it very cost effective. No need to go out and buy a separate enclosure for the drive, just plug it in and start using it! Naturally the drive also offers also the regular SATA I/II connector. Lineup offers storage capacity all the way to 192 gigabytes and speeds are promised to reach 170 MB / 100 MB (read/write) per second. Read more about this news drive from A-DATA's site.

PostPosted: 30.11.2008 09:30 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

I like this but I am not sure what it would be used for. It does seem thinner than allot of the "regular" drives out here right now, but why would this be bought / used instead of a regular drive. The size maybe??? Would not the price blow that out of the water???

Dan

Just thoughts...

PostPosted: 30.11.2008 10:54 
Veteran Modder
Veteran Modder

A Solid State Drive is faster than a regular HDD since it doesn't have any moving parts. No spin-off times before data can be aquired like in a normal HDD with discs for storage.

Also silence is golden, and I think that they won't produce heat as much as an HDD would.

For example you build an HTPC. This would help you keep it quiet and fast. Blows your budget away for sure and storage space is a lot smaller than modern 1TB HDDs.

Just some things to think about ;)