Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 20.12.2014 03:46

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rip Off
PostPosted: 08.08.2003 05:27 
Sorry to say it Japala but about 5 years ago some one else had the idea to cover their moniter :( . It was called Moo View and it was a cow cover for your 486 monitor. It had horns and ears. Now there is a new company making them. http://www.thecovercompany.com/designs.htm See them there. They make case, keyboard and monitor covers. VERY EXSPENSIVE!!! Make one of Japala's.

-tm36usa

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.08.2003 08:23 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I've seen those kind of dust covers earlier too but the idea in my mod is bit different though. You can actually see the display screen while the cover is on. :) Anyway, there must be similar kind of mods around the net already but writing own tutorials about these things is still good way to advert this great technique. If making tutorials from something that has been already done you wouldn't see Glowpads, mousefans etc. anywhere on the net than MetkuMods. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2003 21:29 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

dont you get annoyed when companys market your mods though?, it would piss me off thats for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10.09.2003 05:34 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

i think its an excellent mod for anyone to do, i find it to be one of the most crucial peices of modding techniques available. just think of the time you can spend modding rather than dusting your computer at the same time! just think if you were to mod something and someone used the idea to market their product, you can just laugh because you know you spent a lot less money than that company to manufacture yourself a nice and eye appleasing mod! modding isnt about the money, its for personal prefference, and i think tha5t if you are one of those intuitive modders comming up with new mods, more power to you! thats the whole point of modding! its fun, you get advantages over others, and you are either visually and/or physically pleased in your own right! i have found myself trying to makeup new mods, but ideas are limited to human brain capacity! and those with the new sharp image in their mind of what they want to do, then do it are the inovators of the trade! to all that make up new mods, many more props, you guys roxor! kick ass dudes, and maybe one day you can be an inovator rather than a borrower of an idea! peace out and mod like your a god!