Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 28.05.2020 14:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dancepad compatibility
PostPosted: 18.06.2004 00:00 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

I'm looking at different Dance Dance Revolution pads and there are different alternatives, but the playstation converter is too troublesome to do and the only place who sells pc-pads in finland only gives 6 months of warranty (bulldog, that is) so I wonder if the combicable can be used to connect an XBox dancepad to the PC.

Has anyone of you ever tried it? and can you press two buttons at once?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.06.2004 16:39 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

doesn't anybody know? I don't wanna waste 20€ on a pad just to notice it doesn't work... for me it's quite a bit of money =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.06.2004 17:12 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

it should be the same as making the combicable, they are both usb, therefore it should work. :wink:

Praetorian wrote:
Nearly every finnish child can read and speak finnish, so it's very easy... :P

www.lsdiodes.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.06.2004 19:04 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

yes, but I wonder about the axes... can you press two directional buttons at once so it registers?

Post subject: duh
PostPosted: 09.08.2004 16:27 
if you just get version .50 of XBCD xbox converter drivers it states on the site it is the dancepad version, all d-pad buttons map to USB buttons 13, 14, 15, and 16; you should look up drivers before asking about specific hardware, it only took me 5 min on google to look through "xbox converter drivers" untill I found it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13.07.2005 06:36 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

2 d pad buttons at once do work, go into the control panel> game controllers> select the x-box> properties and then u will see the 2 circles which are for the d-pad, and when u press up and left at the same time they go into the upperleft corner same with all the other corners so it will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13.07.2005 19:02 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

zmodder wrote:
2 d pad buttons at once do work, go into the control panel> game controllers> select the x-box> properties and then u will see the 2 circles which are for the d-pad, and when u press up and left at the same time they go into the upperleft corner same with all the other corners so it will work.

Too late, already bought myself a new metal pad from germany almost a year ago ;D (cost 90€ + 30€ transport fee, but what the hell... it's much better than anything they sell in finland :P)