Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 28.05.2020 10:47

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26.07.2004 23:49 
I have purchased the USB to Xbox controller adapter from consolestop.com. Set up was easy. I am using the XBCD 0.57 driver that I got from there website. I am trying to play Halo and I can not get the left analog to work the way I want it to. When I walk in a straight line it tends to shift from left to right. All I want to do is make it similar to the movement I get from Halo on Xbox. Also I change my settings in the game for the sensitivity to 1 and it seems as if I didn't change anything at all.... Can anybody help!!!???

Post subject: I figured it out....
PostPosted: 27.07.2004 06:08 
You need to change your L-stick, D-Pad, R-Stick settings.. By default
L-Stick is X/Y, D-Pad is POV, and R-Stick is Slider. You need to change the settings to L-Stick POV, D-Pad X/Y, and R-Stick Slider. I also clicked on enhance analog sticks. You do not need to save your settings unless you do not want to change it later. All you have to do is click apply, close the program unplug your controller, and plug it back in and you are ready. Then go into Halo and adjust the sensitivity. I set mine to 5. It is pretty similar to playing Halo on your Xbox. It is A LOT better than the default settings. If anybody has not purchased the adapter I definitly recommend purchasing it from consolestop.com. It was only $10.00 including shipping and it only took me 3-4 days to get it. The XBCD 0.57 driver is located on their website also.

Post subject: Re: I figured it out....
PostPosted: 02.08.2004 07:37 
Beretta wrote:
You need to change your L-stick, D-Pad, R-Stick settings.. By default
L-Stick is X/Y, D-Pad is POV, and R-Stick is Slider. You need to change the settings to L-Stick POV, D-Pad X/Y, and R-Stick Slider. I also clicked on enhance analog sticks. You do not need to save your settings unless you do not want to change it later. All you have to do is click apply, close the program unplug your controller, and plug it back in and you are ready. Then go into Halo and adjust the sensitivity. I set mine to 5. It is pretty similar to playing Halo on your Xbox. It is A LOT better than the default settings. If anybody has not purchased the adapter I definitly recommend purchasing it from consolestop.com. It was only $10.00 including shipping and it only took me 3-4 days to get it. The XBCD 0.57 driver is located on their website also.

Hey Beretta,
Based on your recommendation, I purchased this evening the "Xbox PC/Mac USB Adapter" for my PowerBook. I just wanted to know, now that you've enjoyed the experience using your xBox GamePad on your MAC, is playing the game with your controller as smooth as it is on the xBox?

The steps I've taken to try and MAKE it work, prior to today's purchase, was mapping Gravis' "Eliminator" and "Macally iShock II" gamepads to the keyboard using USB Overdrive, which failed because I was not able to achieve verticle looking on the RIGHT stick and then Gamepad Companion, which also failed because the RIGHT stick was WAY to sensitive no matter what setting it was on.

So, you can see how fusterating it's been for me this weekend! Plus, I wrote MacSoft with a complaint about how they deliberately left gamepads out of the port, but they probably won't reply.

Thanks for your help,
Evan