Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 17.08.2018 20:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:44 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

First let me say the ps3 i own is new and never been unwraped. I only owned it for 3 weeks already.

I am a modder and watching my new ps3 being all stock is boring.

Worst off is knowtisting No one really modded there ps3 consule other then the ocasional LED here and there :/

Sad

So i am doing this thread worklog to show case that working on a ps3 case mod isnt so hard and give other modder idea :)

this is also going to me my worklog thread.

Ok right!

Let me start off with what material i will be using
~First the skull being made from foam was purched at a local dallor store for less then $3, it is lastyear remaining helloween prop.

~The cybernettic parts that will be placed over the skull are broken and discarded pc mobo, phone pcb, printer, network pcb, etc.. ((None of this produces are useful as they are either burned out or to old to function for anything))
~I will be useing bondo and epoxy to bond and blend the skull to the upper shell of the ps3

~I also order a thermal digital temp. guage from ebay which will soon arrive.

~My all around trusty dremel tool, mini model file, sandpaper and ofcourse spray paint.

Maybe's

~washer, nuts, helloween vamipre teeth, supper glue, fish tank air tube (1/8)

COST!

As of right now (11/20/2011) only $43 total

WORK LOG
Okie so i started with this skull (Please excuse the crappy blurry image, i lost my sony and was forced to use my father old kodak camera)

If you knowtist I drew some cut guiding line;s that sub divided the skull.

Once i had my cut i then split it apart using the ruler and alittle soft force.

After cutting more material

Ithink the skull posion is to high. I will adjust before starting my mod

The digital temp guage. This guage is for PC and will either run on 5v or 12v not sure. (This digital temp reader can show temp in celcius or in fahrenheit)

More images to come with update. As for now I wait for the digital thermal temp guage to arrive in the mail

Okie, so an update..

Saddly Its going slower then i would have planned. This is all due to bestbuy: geeksquad poor service habits, I do not work for them but i am in contract and am picking up there dead slacks. Not really complaining cause i get payied top $100 for every computer i service for them. Not saying ALL bestbuy geeksquads have poor servicing.. But the one i live near seems to hirer dead heads who dont know a sata connection to Firewire :/ sad really.

I plan on incorperating the PS logo from an old ps3 controller that is no longer in service. The PS logo will be light activated. Not sure if i want to make it Network activated, Disc drive activated, Hdd activated or just simple Power on activated :/ Alot to choose from

Yes I will incorperate more components to the skull. I plan on spray painting the skull and part of the shell in silver. I would love to find nickel instead since that will leave a very nice mirror base for my color chromium. Ill just have to see what silver will look like once done bonding the skull and incorperating other feature to the shell.

Oh btw if you look closely there are acouple things incorperated with it, including parts from an XBOX360 and a DSlite :)

More updates will arrive as soon as i finish with bestbuy clients...

Okie so i took today sort of off to work more on my project also to hang with my mate at the beach and have a bush fire

More image update

Okie with my trusty dremel tool i went ahead and grinded the thumbstick stick. this left a perfict size hole for the PS home botton to sit inside.

Foam though its very messy is the easiest to cut. I deside i will drop two LED: One for each eye. I still dont know if i should have them light activate or just on when power is on. I wanted to use tri color RGB with 3 anode/1cathode so i can use all three connection one to each representive connection.

Okie so its been acouple of weeks, work is kicking my butt, so there isnt much to report

I finally got my digital temp. guage in the mail, very nice looking also very small

I also went ahead and bought acouple things including airtube for a fish tank, super gel glue,epoxy and ofcourse new safety glasses *A MUST*

Im also going to use this crafting glue i got at walmart, ive been using it for quiet sometime lol if you knowtist. It holds very well. its a rubized type glue that bonds well to alot of things. :)

One final note before i leave. I am going to redesign my skull.. I do like the factor of reusing old electronic parts but i do not think i will be using alot of them on this project. I will be using the pshome botton eye but i will be using alot more bondo. to make the parts. This is an ongoing project and have not forgotten about this site or my duties to update my work logs. This is the only site i will post till i am finished then i will be spreading my work around and submitting it to D.A. as a art log :)

Ok so i have a day off today. I hate how my job makes me take a day off on a day before the end of the week. But I can not complain, it will have to do. I deside to take my ps3 apart and look under the "hood" lol

there a few shoots that i need help with. One of them is knowing where i can tap for a 5v or 12v link and ground.

Ive seen a few forums with two image of this connection line, I do not know which one i should tap so i can provide myself with the proper voltage
Better view

Or

Since this lines connect to the ps3 powersupply and the other connects to the blueray and gamedrive powerconnection im wondering if i can also tap this connection to drop it some lights.

And speaking of lights.

I plan on swaping out this 3086 SMD *surface mounted diode* (No plan on what color i will swap them out to.) There is a seller on ebay that sells 25/50/100/200 set of SMD In verious different color even mixed of 3~6 of different color for around $10 to $30. I will see what i need or want :)

I would like my watcher to know this is a copy of my work log from another site. I do not remember the rules but i will post the link to the site of which my work log is contained. http://www.ps3court.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6620

Please stay tuned onto that site for more current mod of my work. I will be posting updates on this thread once i have over 2 post per entry.

Last edited by pepito01226 on 24.11.2011 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:47 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Here is the next couple of updates

:)

I went ahead and sort of maped out where i might place the thermal dip for the tempiture sensor. I worked on alot of xbox360 and always wanted to tap for a thermal tempiture gauge for the GPU/CPU

The temp dip actually fits perfictly underneath the blueray drive.

Since this mini temp digital guage is for PC i can still snip off the ends and find my points to tap and power on the temp digtial guage.

As you can see the line for the temp sensor and the power has a good fit

Since my version of the ps3 is a 80gb 3rd gen this do not come with media reader :/ which sucks but its fine i can get around that and really dont need it ... yet lol

I am messuring out the viable space using my hand and stubby little fingers lol

for every section of my finger there is 1inch. so here its 3 to 4 inch wide

here its 5 to 6 inch long *space*

I have a list of things including still to mount the skull, drill several holes drop in the tubes and get lights running before finishing up the skull, case it in bondo and shape the effects and finally paint XD LOL

there will be planty of more work to come.

I will be doing this as an ongoing mission XD

Okie this isnt much of an update but it is something..

I spent my weekend with friends but always on my laptop searching for schematic on the power supply for the PS3.

Well with much no luck i found a 555 PWM fan mod with pot controll. What i found is fan TAP

RED - 12v

BLACK - Ground

GRAY - PWM *Flux voltage from 3v~12v

Atleast from this i know i have a 12volt and ground tap... I need a max of 5volt. So i have to search futher for my 3 to 5volt connection :) Slowly but surely I am finding what i need

Next on my project list is to create my digital temp cut hole. I was originally planning on sticking the temp guage on the skull but i see it will not come out as i wanted. So with that big space of nothing i will stick my guage there. I am also reinforcing bondo with structure and tapping for lights now that i know i have 12v :)

Okie, so I am back for a new update

sorry it took so long on this project. I have made headway on the prjoect evalving it to a new stage. I didnt take picture on some steps cause i didnt think it was nessary to document it all. Basicly i center my skull and used epoxy to stick it down. It normally takes 1 hour for the epoxy to harden but 24 hour is needed for the epoxy to fully cure.

right now i tooken part off an old and no longer running xbox360 with stock X clamp, yes i do know Rrod can be fixed but the board was ripped apart by a nuub who does not know how to manually take things apart carefully. He managed to rip the trace from the power all the way to one of the caps. so its for that reason its no longer fix-a-ble lol

Like i said i will be reusing some part off other consule
I took this off an broken xbox360 :)
Those knobs are what holds the heatsink down with an x-clamp. as you can see it seems to fit like a bud for a tube. And its mainly the reason i will be using this

I didnt bother taking step by step shots on this. But i will explain

As you can see this 1/8 fish tank pipe fits very well on the ends. I am using clear pipe instead of frosted cause the clearity helps with the view of the foresent dye reacting against the UV led
I will be using foresent dye liquid. But do not fear cause the ends will be glue tight and presure twist tested for leaks
I will be using UV led and yes this will work.

I have done the pipe before working on a helloween costume one night**

I used clear fish tank air pipe, green foresent dye and two UV led project name: Dark cyber
I used a frosted pipe, blue/green dye and two UV led. Project name: Joker cyber

I used masking tape where i wanted to build the bondo the heaviest.
like here on the underside of the mouth. I do not like how the mask goes straight down so i will be using leaning out more to make it look more of a blend look :)

The blue tape is to show where my end points as well as the most largest part of the bondo build up will be used.

There are a few more update to come. I am sorry my update are a bite late.

One of my next coming update will be using an under structure for the bondo to build up on. I will be using scrap plasic-glass or lexsan. As well as new image of the pipe being used. I have a whole 50 pack of UV led :) those will not go to waist

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:49 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well been a slow june

Update #7

This time around ive been working between breaks to work on the ps3 cyber skull mod.

I have finished witht he tube but still pressure testing since 2 of the 4 line has had some leakage issue. Ran out of glue lol and bought another set at wally world (wallmart)

Well i had to remove the skull from the shell >.< since i forgot to wire the lights lol It happens when you loose sleep over work.
So i started to work on the eye, Attaching the LED to it.

Here I Have deside to test the eye out on my old bluetooth charger (3.2volt)

Once done testing, I wired the eye

I deside to take One of my spare psp botton (X).. I was hoping to save the X icon but like the xox360 XYBA botton you have to be careful or you will drill right through :/ Sucks but ohwell

The black light i will use on the other eye (Sorry it look blue-ish) :/

The botton infront of the UV LED

I took apart a psp thumbstick, Wasn't surprisingly difficult, Only a very thin piece of metal held the whole entire piece together.

Here you can see the PCB is UV sensative, This is not painted :) Awesome

Holdiong the Thumbstick over the UV LED, seems greenish i like but want to show more of the UV going through

Here you can see i deside to drill a hole out to let the Uv LED glow right though

The 3mm UV fits nicely :)

Test lighting of the UV led:

Lower view

Upper view

Well sucks but i had to rip the skull out, but now you can see how the eyes look (Sorry the ps home botton is not on straight, its not glued down :) it will be later on)

Psp joystick eye

ps3 joystick with home botton eye

My next project was Installing the Digital thermal reader. I Taped off the entire shell so i will not scratch the surface with debris

continue to update #7.2

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:50 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

update #7.2

Didn't have full room to fit the rest on the other thread so this is the continues

A test fit of the digital thermal reader

Test run of the digital temp gauge to see if i have it on the right side :)

With out flash lol, 77 degree fereinhiet :) Thats a cool confty temp especial where i am living

Here i took out the thermal reader and placed the shell back on the ps3.
[COLOR="Cyan"]( Since my ps3 is a 80gb, its a 2009 model i think which is the one of the first model not to come with a media card slot which is fine cause of the saved space :) )[/COLOR]

I deside to tape over the area, this will help me virtuallly visably help me see my mark so i can cut :)

And my mark, it does look sloppy, I will fix it on my next post

I have also tooken my multimeter and did alittle work while i wait for a client to come back at me with parts for there PC issue.

Personally it sucks that there arent alot of people showing tap points of there ps3 consule. But doing research i can see why, sony always reviewing there consule so much it wouldnt make sence to show one tap point for the ps3 since not all ps3 are made equally :/
But I was happy to do the simple tap points :) And am excited to see so many 5v points

Okie so I had a small break today, car doesnt want to work :/ and since its near hurricane season the weather really sucks :) Which means i get to stay home and eat cereal and watch cartoon network... But i am going to throw an update

Update #8

Well like last post i took off the tape and restart a new line

After some cutting, sandding and more cutting

I slipped digital reader over the outer shell

Not a bad cut and sanding, it doesnt have to be perfict

Pop the cover on the shell :) FITS!!

Inside view, the botton changes between ferienhiet and celcius

Well i stuck the rod between the blue ray and the GPU/CPU

Yes, i used hotglue lol, let see if it holds well

Using my taps :)

Shell fits nicely ^^ theres only so much room

Now a test run.. it actually took about 5 second before the digital thermal gauge turned on

Flash off, and its about the internal temp of my room LOL

I will be installing the tube lights, as well as wiring my own light and network light indicator on the left eye. I need to buy more bondo since im down from a pint to 7ounce and also need to place an order for UV SMD, Blue SMD and red SMD.

Till the next update watchs :)

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:52 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Okie so there isnt much of an update and might not be much till mid july.

I have order some more material

Ive deside to order a set of this UV SMD 0805 :) This will be my replacement for the On and wifi and maybe some Blue SMD :)

This second set are some 3mm LED holder. I will be able to hold the Light tubes on the shell and skull

Due to some screwed up sircumstance i will be taking atleast acouple weeks off. :/ Also waiting for some time for my package to arrive. Till then i havent forgotten and i will try to post alot of updates when i can.

Hay :)

Update #8.2

Okie so I got the parts needed early Which is great! Now i can swap out the lights i wanted

But i got a sudden add in the mod

I was repairing a WII consule for a family of a friend. As i repaired and testing to see if the WII finally takes a game disc i was staring at the front gate of the WII and found it intresting that it flares blue and it hits me :)

Why can't my ps3 have the same Front gate light flare :3

It was GENIOUS!!

hahaha Anyways i've been lookign online for a front wii replacement part for days and finally i found something similar

WII front gate LED swap mod

What i need and need to buy

As you can see the mod evolved alot as time goes on.

I will be ordering this and moding to add LED flares to the front face of my ps3

:)

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]UPDATE #9[/COLOR][/SIZE]

So after much work from clients i seem to be down acouple of buxks :/ Ohwell

Anyways i finally got my UV SMD 0805 In the mail with my 3mm LED holder

Digging in to some SWAP's i took the entire system apart and started to swap the GREEN SMD for My UV SMD :)

One thing i think i should have done is bought two sets of SMD cause it turns out i needed 0306 which is .5mm smaller then the 0805 :/ But i managed :) and could not be any happyier

System on standby

System On

For some reason my focus was going in and out :/ lol random

After setting back the Blueray and loading a game disc in

The UV blend with the Blue, the digital camera can not distiguish between the UV or Blue :/

Case fully on

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:53 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well been a rough 2 weeks lol, Busy and busier.

After some time I was finally able to get some work done on my ps3 mod.

This time on the shell cover :) YAY!

Well let start it off.

First off I hate to waist, Nothing needs to be waisted IF you recycle things properly

This was for a PC mod -.- it went totally wrong But! I saved it for a day like this :)

I used a dimond tip cutting tool to start off the edge cutting

As always SAFETY FIRST! It doesnt matter what you do its SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY always buy and use the right safety material. ABS saftey glasses

Its also smart to use A good industrial painter or chemical respirator with filter around plastic when cutting, filing or grinding. This Plexiglas has lot of different chemical's that under heat can turn them in to strong smelling vapor's that can be harmful to your health. Always remember SAFETY FIRST!!

This diamond cutting edge has been used lot and has noticeable sign's of wear -.- it took nearly 5min to cut 1mm Plexiglas Time to change :)

Ahhh, this will do the trick, Yes I know it more industrial to cut metal but since i ran out of diamond cutting wheel it will have to do

On my last couple of post, i said i will make some under support for the bondo to build up on.

Well, I wont bored you from all the shots of me cutting lol. I'll get to it straight

Well After cutting and messuring I will mod two of this right angel to fit better on the mod

Just glueing the supports down wont help much. There needs to be a understruction to substain the strain of the bondo.

So i deside to cut a hole in the shell in which the plexiglas will sit in and be supported by the entire shell :) (IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH YOU MIGHT WANT TO TURN AROUND NOW)

Well you can see how well the structure sits in the cut :) Yes i know the hole looks a little wider, But that is fine. I will be filling the hole with 2 in 1 glue to make a hard bond.

Well the tops are a little to high, so i will be cutting them off

Here are some beginning shot of the first step to the final's

I do not like to waste so i decide to recycle this piece's into structure parts :)

The entire piece's that i will need for the under structure

There will be more to come, But as i am backed up with more work It will be a slow start to finishing the shell. Right now i have the piece's still apart, I have not glue'd down the parts cause i will need to wait till i begin to bond. This will give me elbow room to work and if i run out of bondo i will simply get more later on :)

As for more update's. I Have order the gate for the Wii for the PS3. I will if needed plan out to widen the door "gate" so the rim sticks out. The gate has the felt on the inside so i can strip off the felt on the blue ray drive.

I will order some 0306 blue and red SMD for the HDD and NETWORK indicator.

I was thinking about what i will do for wiring. I have a couple plan's :) One which evolves around copper crafting tape. I have bought a 3meter roll for less then $3 way back before i decide to work on this PS3 mod. So far its been sitting in a mini storage drown. But now i have a use for it. I hope my plan comes out great :)

Till then enjoy I will be back and forth while i finish my work and projects

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:55 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

AWESOME!

So after much rest, sleep and finally lunching cause sitting and waiting just sucks

I finally got the door gate mod for the wii which will be adapted to my ps3

So, i got exsited and cut the packaged open and WAHLA! It comes with a triwheel tool ^^ (Its not needed but still can be useful since i work on Nentendo products)

Close up of the Image, you can see the white dot in the center is the Green right angel SMD :)

The back here you can see the wireing sort of :/ (Camera had a strong flash, it glares almost every shot)

Wow, so i though it all came together sound fused but here you can see it easily came apart :)

from here on all i have to do is figure the points and desolder :) (wire came off with a slight pull :/ will have to make a better solder joint then factory set soldering)

Well, I bought this with the wii gate mod. Its simply cool. This is a SMD polarity tweezers for the multimeter :) Great little thing that i got for $3 :) Ebay

Btw if you notice the small red dots. This is a marker for me since i have a very very very short and bad memory >.<
The dots is to indicate what polarity is Anode (+) from Cathode (-)

To anyone who needs to know the polarity of SMD, its a headache to find a easy cheat. Few people say to use a multimeter which is one reason why i bought the SMD polarity tool. But for those who can not get one you don't have to beat your head. You have a [url="http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=595865"]link5[/url] right here

Well.. that was interesting.. seems like after adding more flow (solder) to the polarity so i can suck and remove the SMD it actually fall off after a dab :/

A better view :)

Ive am going to deside which of this SMD i will be using for the GATE LED swap

The fallowing images show from top to bottom bag:

1. top of bag - UV smd - 0806
2. top of bag - Blue SMD - 1206
3. Top of bag - Red SMD - 1206
4. Bag - right angel White SMD - 0806

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:57 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well! its been an interesting ending July and starting august.

Sorry its been awhile since i've updated my post :)

the progress has been great in away

So since last i wrote i waited for some views to reply to a desion but i see no one wanted to comment

I went ahead and choosen 4. white rightangle 0806 SMD

This actually took some time to accomplish, since the line fell off cause of the shooty soldering job i wasnt able to mark down where or how the lines connected. so i had to test my connection. I actually managed to pop the SMD by overloading it with 300Mamp and 3.5volts.

Hmm well one good this is that they slaged the line, this gives me extra line to adjust and cut :) But i think it would look better if the line was more toute

Well now, thats some bright SMD..test run to see if my wiring was spot on

Wow this things are BRIGHT!

With flash
Without flash

Well Now that i know the lights work, Its time i managed that lose wire better

Ahh there we go. Can't even see or tell there was a line

Better closeup :)

Well, before i close the case up i wanted to make sure i swaped out every LED i can.

This stock SMD will have to go!

Harddrive SMD gone

Network SMD gone

Hmmm, well seems like i ran out of 3060 SMD :/ And those 0806 UV SMD does seem to fit well.. So I wont have lights till i get some more blue SMD

One thing for sure, Once the system board has been removed, seeing the CPU/GPU and that crappy rubbery thermal paste isnt going to do well for my system from over heating.

So here i deside to clean off what i can from the GPU/CPU

And introduce my own thermal grease :) ULTRA!!

Oh right haha back to the mod at hand

So i took off the front face and layed the front face of the gate from the wii

Hmm seems alittle perfict :)
Right
Left

Test fitting the Light

and with gate face

Well the gate didnt fit so well, so i deside to remove the gate from the ps3 and maybe see if i can fit the one from the wii

Its very easy to take off, sliped a old rusty and dangerous exco knife and simply pop the tabs

With face on

with face off

Hmmm... yep, Didnt fit :/ sucks its just shy

After brain storming and 4 soda later i deside to cut the extra around the side of the gate...

Yep,...what was i thinking... i do not think well at 3a.m. HAHA

Well i see it still fits okie on the gate haha will work on the rest in the AF next day.

Next day.
I deside not to shot boring photo of this fallowing steps. Beside my camera battery died cause i forgot to shut it off and set it not to hybrinate at all -.-

I had alot of brainstorming, cutting, thinking, grinding, thinking, soda, thinking, lazy dinner, thinking, soda, thinking to get it finished by the next day when the camera battery would be fully charged :)

The after work shot

cont.

PostPosted: 23.11.2011 23:58 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

well then lets continue

UPDATE #12.5

I grinded the face of the gate from the wii down to 1.74mm to have a tight space. Using my crafting rubber glue and cutting a slit to alow the access of the Light to hang down i managed to fit it all :)

Well you cant tell here but the face is on haha

I had acouple fights trying to put the face on, it seemed like i was off by 2 whole millimeter but it actually turned out the line to the lights were in the way and was pulled off cause of the force. Again to cut it short i deside not to snap shots of that instead i went to the end

I couldnt find any taps on the board for the Light to react or FADE like i wanted it to. So i ridge it to the only source i saw that would react like i wanted the actual Disk loaded light. It sucked out alot of the main voltage since i had to chain them in series. It turned out what surprisingly awesome. Now you can see the UV and Blue LED But not so much the white -.-

Since im using 2.7volt the whites lights dont seem to bright.. but!
I did some digging from mod parts maybe something to help me load more voltage or something to give it the breather effect like the wii does

and cam across this

Its a VU/pulse mod chip for multi system. Its programed with 5 mode including sound reactive,pulse, quick, slow, always on, off :)

I also plan to get something to connect my shell light to my case.

this also need to get

This copper tape will help me with the delema of drilling through the case to drop in wiring for the shell or not to do that :)

With copper tape i run my lines from the hole, solder and then slide the shell on it ;) simple and fast

well till then have a good night all

Isn't ebay fun!

[COLOR="YellowGreen"][SIZE="5"]Update #12.5[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, Ive been else working on few other mod including PC mod

I deside to work on prep paint for the shell, work on color schemer's

One thing i wanted to do is keep the color scheme with the LED colors
This does two thing. 1. avoid color confusion 2. bring the case and light theme together

Since I've been using UV (purple), Blue, Red LED I wanted to semi Blend that together in away that makes sense.

While shopping at my local LOWE's hardware store, ACE and True value
I picked up on a chameleon color shift spray paint. Its pretty cool that i can pick up something this especially on a limit budget

One of the issue i came across was actually reading directions lmao Oh boy what a goofball. It turns out its a transparent coat over the black base.
The good news is i don't need to use gloss black to pull off the color shift effect.

As you can see by both picture, i angled the camera and curved the surface of a cardboard. Yeah yeah i know those white lines were caused by birds for some reason trying eat the board

I also managed to get purple chromium but as you can see, Doesn't come out so well :/ (Btw if you notice i used 3 media base two can not be seen through the purple but in black you can tell its also transparent coat)

The other two base I've used. The can like look is silver spray paint while the light gray one suppose to be chromium :/ yeah in real life doesn't look anything like it suppose to. Anyways i went with the silver or that is I'm going with the silver lol.

I haven't been able to buy more bondo since issue keep happening and the cost of my computer build budget is well under limit but over my budget lol.
I will have to wait on parts before i finally finish the inside of the PS3 and shell, As of now i'm looking into other projects that have yet to been started. Planning and planning is what i need to do now for the rest of this. I want to get the shell tested by x-mas if not a week after new-years.

Only way to know if you all tune in to more update later

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 00:00 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well that. Its been awhile hasn't lol

I see alot more view on my thread. alittle over 1,500 which is GREAT! i love to see more people viewing my mod

Hmm so where was I last time I posted.

Oh yes so i have order my pulse VU2 and copper type 1/4 @ 3meter. I await for my order to arrive from UK.

Since then i was talking about another mod. I wanted to budget and build a gaming PC but since then ive gone back and deside to finish one project before moving on to the next.

It is important to always finish what you start. I have that issue when it comes to projects. Incomplete is a sign of lazyness lol.

Hmm where to start on this post

Well then One reason why i did not install the pipe yet was cause i knew it would have leaked somehow :/

But heres the thing, it really has not leaked. Instead the eithenal has well, evaporated.

I have deside to look up how to dye plastic. Its quiet intresting cause there are several ways but the easiest is to hold it in a jar with water and acetone with dye. Issue is i can not find any strong flouresent dye.

In the mean time i deside to work on more of the shell.

here you can see i started to bondo with the remaining bite of bondo.

Its really intresting to see how my under structure fits in the image

Really it looks so devilish

I think its cause helloween is coming soon, i really get into it haha love helloween

I factored that the pipe would have leaked in someway so i deside to use one of the direction on how to dye plastic months ago. Since i am still using none consitrated flouresent dye.

Here you can see the very dark pink. Since the chemical make of the flouresent dye is one part flouresent to neon coloring. acetone seperated them both and the outcome is water down neon with a thick slurry of flouresnet goo on the bottom. I sat the tips to the bottom and this is the outcome

Ive went ahead and tested out to see how reactive the pipe are to UV light

With flash on

and again off with on

Here i compared both pipes to a new pipe

In my eyes i see no difference between the both of them.

So this far is what i have its been a rough couple or more so weeks lol.

As of some things i need to find a stronger dye. I plan on getting this

In the color i deside to get either "Artic purple" or "Fusha fire" for the color choice

I still need to wire for the pulse VU2 and then finally with the copper type for the shell :) I hope to finish before newyears. But will see

Would love feed back from any watcher of this thread. Please do not be afriad. Have question or more insight please write to me.

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 00:01 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

So The PulseVU2 chip came in mail a couple weeks ago. But there some complications that i didn't for see.

The chip here

The connection point i plan on using

Where i need to modify so i can solder the wire

After it has been cut. Doesn't have to be perfect but has to be clean from any remaining shards and big enough hole

The wiring of the PulseVU2

The extender of the Wiring

Left and Right section of the Audio >> Thanks to the friends at ACIDMOD.COM for showing me where to tap my wiring for the audio

Well as i was finishing my wiring I was not able to, For One of the foreseen events had to due with the chip being defective. Doing my re-research Chips created from august 2007 to July 2009 have had a defective issue.

See the chip works nearly as intended, The chip is suppose to fade. dime and switch to VU mode. But as i wired the switch and did a test run on some LED the chip wouldn't fade, it dimes then shut off But while i had the switch pressed the chip would fade but will not switch through modes. :/

So i had to RMA the chip back to UK and now have to wait another week or 3 before i get another chip as a replacement.

So its gonna be another wait, I did receive my Florescent dye in the mail :) i had chosen Fusha fire and will fallow directions :) I have to plumb the pipe and then let the glue dry before i dye it

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 00:05 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well I finally got the mod chip back after RMA

And wouldnt you know :/ Another with the same issue. Im starting to think its me -.- this time around.

Anyways ive deside to throw off the switch and just let it fade and VU :/

I didnt take picture cause my camera was DEAD!

so instead i took a video of the end results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zvm0P-Vybo

I will be doing other updates while i wait for help on acidmod

Enjoy the video and comment if any questions

Well i just got in contact with the seller, they want me to return the chip to get a complete refund :/

I declined as it took 1month to return and receive my mod chip, I prefer to hold onto the chip beside it semi working chip since the UV and Fade is working. Instead because of all the issue I'm gonna go and buy a pulsevu2X which is used on the Xbox360 and does not have the same issue as pulsevu2 which is used in Wii and in random other hardware. The installation is the same but because its used primarily for the Xbox360 It has an additional two Pad to solder for the controller or what not. So that in turn, I have not been able to go and buy more bondo. Which i'm trying to deside if i should now or wait till after i buy the pulsevu2x :/ hmmmmm

Well after talking to the UK manufactor it seems like this chip is also defective :/ Which is the reason why i am having issue. I instead have deside to keep both the chip AS IS! since the VU and pluse works fine :|

I am instead moving forward slowly due to holiday related issue.

So i say stay tuned to more of my mod, i will be updating after this two american seasonal holiday

I say happy thanksgiving and merry christmas to all christian and americans out there :)

Also happy newyears to all others and i hope you all enjoyed my updates

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 02:02 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice work! :) There are not that many console modders out there these days or perhaps I've been living under a rock recently... Anyways, keep the updates rolling in! :)

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 02:45 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

japala wrote:
Nice work! :) There are not that many console modders out there these days or perhaps I've been living under a rock recently... Anyways, keep the updates rolling in! :)

Thank you japala,

Theres a few reason why there are not to many PS3 consule mods. Sony hates hacker and have decide since 2007 to change there boards configuration to detoir Any hackers from flashing the NOR and NANA. And because of this reason they have also tooken some "unnessary" hardware out of there consule system like: Card reader and the ps2 synthesizer.

For this two actual main reason which is actually one main reason, Not two consule are alike and for that reason its harder for modders like myself to find a schematic for the ps3 consule. Even in the great forum site of ACIDMOD.COM they have not been able to map out all tap area since there so many review of ps3 consule. I personally had to tap the spots where it would be the Easiest to source out a power point, Ironicly has to be the usb 2.0 points lol.

Anyways yes there will be alot more to come ^^ it will take time and because this are the 2 main american holiday months I will be more relaxing and celebrating then working. But it doesnt mean i wont be planning things out. It just mean i will be stuffing my gully with more pork and bird till i can not feel my arms haha.

Happy holidays all and cheer's

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 18:29 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're from Miami? hmm... bit too far from our planned route I believe... Me and my brothers are going to make a road trip from San Francisco to New Year next summer. Would have loved to see this "in person". :)