Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 14.11.2019 23:02

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24.11.2011 23:16 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

japala wrote:
You're from Miami? hmm... bit too far from our planned route I believe... Me and my brothers are going to make a road trip from San Francisco to New York next summer. Would have loved to see this "in person". :)

Yes i actually live 30 min outside Miami and 40 from the entrance of keywest. I would have loved to show off my work to someone live :).

Im still planning on adding more to the VU and Pluse :) I bought some year ago 3meter of Elwire, I used it before on a tron project. But i managed to rip one of the center lines clean out so i scraped it and save the line that wasnt broken. I can now use it under the front shell under the USB to highlight the connection :)

I am running alittle dry on add ons, I would like some idea's while im planning. If i have a chance tomarrow ill get on it and add the EL wire and photo it so i can continue on with my project

In the mean time I have worked on the top shell last night

I have more to add, its feels like 1/2 apound already with all that bondo lol, ill sand it smooth but want to make draw up somethings before i sand it down. What to make alien designs like a alien shell, Maybe add some mechanical things

PostPosted: 28.11.2011 09:44 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Update #15.5

Okie well its almost december, Its been quiet a week lol

I hope all have, has, had a wonderful thanksgiving :)

Anyways I decide to use one of my scrap sort of working cool bought thing.

Its called EL wire (Electroluminescent wire) And its very cool and a great invension.

The one use was from an old mod i had, I know few have seen it on you tube, Tron Bag? No i wasnt the originator but i have don the idea and used it on my bag with awesome result, tobad i managed to break the connections inside by pulling on it to hard. I dont think either way that was the issue, i do believe it was the controller box.

Well here you can see the tip of the 3meter of El wire

Carefully cutting the trim or plastic sleeving away from the tip of the elwire, This takes some practice and time. Since there are 3 wire: 2thin wire and one thick wire cover in phosphorus.

One of the second reason to buy copper tape :) it works well for this kind of project, meding Elwire back together

Stripping back the phosphorus Doesn't take long, since its a clay like cover you just need to scrap it all off, what little remains can easily be burned off.

Finally Heat shrinking tube

Now to work on the controller box, Unboxing the board you can see a mini low vltage transformer, this is needed because the Elwire need to have constinit flow of current, To do this the wire has to be run on AC, since AC flip flop and changed current (positive turns to negative and negative turns to positive and then back again)

I wanted to install speakers into the consule, It turns out with out a drive (amp) i can not turn the eratic and low signal to hearable signal, well the mistake is learned and i was left with a speaker hole.

And i say there are no mistakes when you can find away around them :)

so now then i have the board apart i deside to take the top cover and sort of fit it inside the speaker hole. To do this i had to widen the hole more so the cover can fit nicely

So here you can see i have a small hole where the bottom base of the cover will snap together, dont worry i will fill that in with bondo and then paint to match the case gloss black

I also plan on bonding the front so it blends well with the entire case :) Seemless.

So now i test out the EL wire before i put it in to the case :)

Well i at this time deside to shuve it all back in seeing it works nicely, As i was shuving the board back into the top case i didnt knowtist i actually poped a capacitor and this resulted in 12AC driving through an entire board :/
To make it short i ended up blowing the entire component and burning the board rendering it useless. Which means i will need to buy a new set of Elwire with controller box.

But which one to choose from :?

Go for El tape, which will work on eluminating the USB ports

OR

Go for another 3meter of ELwire which will work about the same

Let see which one i will get :) on ebay

PostPosted: 28.11.2011 09:53 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Update #16

Well I went ahead today since i have to wait for my decition of either Elwire or Eltape I went ahead and fallowed more of my mod.

Im sorry its going to be a short one this time, i deside not to do a worklog on this one since its basicly about the same as the mod chip

But here where this one differ's

I decide to tap back into the Disc is inserted Light and so i can run acouple of light back to the gate Light to make it more intresting :)

Just a quick mod to finish tonight :)

Please stay tuned for other mods later on in this Thread

PostPosted: 21.12.2011 02:12 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

UPDATE #17

Well hello :)

Well since its christmas ive been spending alot more on christmas gift for family and friends and for myself.

I have decide to get this for the ps3 mod

And this for myself

Ofcourse i got it used from gamestop since sony no longer supports the pspgo! since they clamed it to be "the worst product to come out of sony".
Yet i feel its the "GREATEST" cause of this factor: Easy to hack, fun to mod, 14GB internal support with 16GB external M2 memory stick support XP, Compact with a fun slide face, blue tooth installed so i can setup my ps3 controller and my bluetooth headset.

I do plan on modding this system AFTER i finish my ps3 mod :)

I have also got two other ps3 controller both are 3rd party or what U.S. would consider "knockoffs".

They actually and honestly work more and better then any official sony controller haha. I got one early in the mail and fully tested it out with a good set of mod on it

Anyways i know its alittle offtopic,

But ill be soon coming back to work on the ps3 mod, The weather is very wierd. So alot of what i want to do is hard because of humitiy and wierd wind factor.

Once i get the El Wire ill be using it on the mod :) Will be a nice under body glow touch for the USB

Till then

Merry christ mas viewers

PostPosted: 02.01.2012 05:51 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Update #18
SO!

Happy new years!

2012, new year, new beginning and hopefully An endding to this mod :)

Anyways leaving off, I deciding to rework on the liquid tubes.

One thing i didnt do was actually read out the instruction on mixing dyes properly. For that reason the dye in the first leaked from the tube.

Ive went ahead using the old tubes as templates i went ahead, cut to size the 3sets of two different size tubes.

Here i went ahead, glue'd the UV led lights in. I need to wait a full 24 hour before i can drop in the dye and glue the other end in and another 24hour before i can run test and look for dye leakage.

In this image im using .2fluidounce container or 59.1Millilete container

In the container i mixed water with the dye fluid.

As you can see, the dye doesnt mix well with water. It takes some time for the dye to reach a fluid bottom.

Here i had to shake the bottle for the dye to fully mix into the water. you can see traces

Here i wired 240ohms and a UV led and connected it to an old bluetooth USB charger.

A black light test

I went ahead and got my order in the mail, its perty awesome.

Anyways this is the latest for right now, ill be back to updating more often now because the holiday season is over.

PostPosted: 03.01.2012 02:35 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Update #18.5

So i let the gule in the tube sit for 24hours now. It had time to harden

I went ahead and start to pour in the dye into the tube. It was alittle tricky because the fuildtube does not have a funnel mouth but luckly the tube was able to flex on its own and butt nicely on the mouth of the tube.

I accidently spilled what was in the tube :/ so i had to go ahead and make another batch which wasn't bad but i dont remeber the amount of dye to water. If you notice the short one is alittle darker, because i added alittle more dye into the water. Or less water

Anyways, this will have to sit for another 24hours before i run squeeze and stress test. I want to know if the tube are to rubbery to hold back any amount of pressure.

Will we wait :)

Update #19

While on christmas break and while ordering gifts for friends, i went ahead and order myself a cheap but very nice looking carbonfiber decal (vinyl)

It looks nice but in honesty i should have went with 3M Di-Noc CARBON FIBER FILM from mnpctech.com for few reason. But because i was over spending on gifts and had a very small self budget i went with the cheap vinyl and well, even though it looks real, it doesnt feel real and one main reason i should have gone with Di-Noc instead of vinyl is when i added heat from a hot gun the vinyl started to shrink and distort the carbonfiber look. Infact i had to do the decal twice because i ended up balling the ends from the black of the heatgun. Mind you i had it on low under 700degrees close to 120degrees ferinheit ofcourse.

Well

After the second time with the carbon finger. it starting to look nice.

Its important for those who are decaling on any surface to clean it with soapy water and pat drying the surface to treat clean and remove any oil residue left from your fingers.
End result came out better then the first one. I still would have redone this again but because i went cheap i got cheap and a small sample. Not enough to rework this. Its okie im adding the Di-Noc to my "need to get" budget for late 2012.

Moving on!

Since i got the new Power box and Elwire cord i have tooken it apart and studied the layout and parts. I wanted to make sure it worked and if anything blows i can replace it.

I went ahead and droped in a resistor the first time running the lights, i think it was way to much resistance and the system wouldnt run, After droping ohms from 420ohm to 220ohms to 150ohms and 16ohms, it still wouldnt let it work, so i decide to take off the resistor and run it direct. I forgot im not running 1.5volts *Normal AA battery voltage*

After a first time run :)

Now without flash on

Need to tuck the cords back in. Btw i left the quick connect/disconnect on because if i ever want to change the rope for another color(Blue) i can do a quick disconnect and adapt the new one in. Or if i want to leave both i can buy a quick connect spliter and run two or three lines :)

Well now that i have the shell fully assembled that carbonfiber looks really nice and intresting against that pollished plastic shell :)

While the system is on

Wow like looking at an underbody kit in a car haha

Oh hay I can see the USB connect slots now :) Huzza!

Yeh again with the carbon fiber it looks really nice. I really had a hard time redoing the wiring for the diskdrive indicator. Really took me acouple of hours >.< and two burned fingers haha

Well back in its spot. Till i finish the top of the shell

Well i hear tomarrow going to be cool finally right haha. Here in miami we been no less cooler then maybe 65 at night and ofcourse in the high 75 in the day. Thats in fiernheit's... i believe 35 in the day and 25 at night in celsius.

I wont be able to update my project till after the cool weather subsites since i am working with more bondo :) I still do not know what design to etch into the bondo for the skull. But I do plan on using what little scraps of vinyl carbonfiber and painting over that to match the color and theme.

With it i still have to plan out and drill out holes for the Liquid pipe so i can run lights :) I can not wait till finish.

PostPosted: 03.01.2012 21:21 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Well, Its not much and it doesnt have to due with the ps3 consule mod im doing.

My brithday has passed not to long ago. I am now 27 years old and decide to get myself something :) with the birthday money friends and family have given me

Anyways i went to bestbuy and found an awesome theme gift, the MW3 ps3 controller

Hmm :/ stock red, doesnt look all to fun

I'll make it match the game

There you go! MW3 controller with electric green Player and Home botton

Hmm still missing something... what am i missing :/

Ahhhh i know!

Bullet bottons :) Will match up sooo well to the MW3

Will have to go on my budget to get later :)

To add to that, heres my stock pile of working ps3 controller i do own

The orange one and the first black one are two chinese knockoffs, the do fuction very well but have a very wierd reaction in the action bottons, i have to press the X botton twice for it to function, also i have toshut the ps3 down to bluetooth connect the ps3 controller to the system and range is very short :/ i have to sit far closer to the system then intended. But they do function the same.

I did a color change on this ps3 controller, its quiet hard to get the green out but you can see purple and blue as i move around it. :)

Well thats it for right now.

Ill post back after i finish a clients laptop repair.

UPDATE

I finally got my Bullet bottons in the mail

Look at this beauty.. Winchester "WIN" bullets nickle plated and enameled to keep it shiny and new.

After a few mintue to install

Oh yeh looks really nice MW3 controller :)

On

Off

Last edited by pepito01226 on 14.01.2012 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 04.01.2012 23:28 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hehe, you sure love your controllers. I try to get one good unit and then stick with it. :)

PostPosted: 05.01.2012 04:45 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

japala wrote:
Hehe, you sure love your controllers. I try to get one good unit and then stick with it. :)

Lol, Well i hang on to them for acouple factors :) my friends usually come over and we end up on 3 different ps3 parting on MW3 and blackops Or I usually go over theres and we end up doing the same either way. A few of my friends usually forget there controller so i always have extra in that case. It is also for selling my handy work to people, view case and show off my modded controllers to them.

I have if you knowtist two chinese knockoffs i won in a bidding for around $24 US on both. I bid and won them so i can see how well the knockoff fare off with the original and brandname sony controllers. Again so i can sell my handywork. It is alittle more difficult to mod a chinese knockoff but i can do more mods. Led trigger mods, Thumb LED mods, Start/Select botton mods. And because the shell is thinner then the original The Internal Rumble Light mod will work fine :) If i also need be because the shell is the same as the original i can swap it out and have a costume color shell :)

PostPosted: 15.01.2012 01:51 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

MW3 controller
I went ahead and took photo of my controller in a micro self made light box. Well more like stand haha.

I took the image from my D.A. account :)

PostPosted: 21.01.2012 03:40 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

UPDATE #19

I have returned :)

Well its been one frosted week or 3 ... Slowly the tempiture this week is getting warmer.

Anyways i was able to work on the shell

Aswell as getting the shell i am starting the mini Dye tubes after working and wiggling the test tube for leaks :) No leaks at all.

I am not a good planning drawer and i love to "make it up as i go"

In honesty its a bad thing to do. But i prefer to change up some things.
I been scratching my head for along while wondering what i can do to the skull that will give me a cool impact.

One thing i do like is the alien like demon theme. The layer of skin over each other is a very awesome thing

I went and broken the lay look to its basic line, for here ill be sanding down and step building the layers. To make a cool effect im ganna use thin cardboard and make like hawk nose then laying bondo over and sanding it smooth. this will cause my layering alien feel. I hope to mimic

This final image i will show for tonight will be of where the tubes will sit. Ofcoure after its positioned on the skull i will be bondoing around the tube to set it into skull.

This is all for now. Till i return with more updates.

PostPosted: 21.01.2012 09:50 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I do like the alien like surface that you are after! :)

Btw. are all the tubes going to be "static"? I mean the liquid inside them... It should be fairly easy to hook up an aquarium air pump or a syringe pump to move either air inside the tubes or the liquid itself inside the tubes... This could add a nice little detail to the tubing?

PostPosted: 22.01.2012 07:26 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

japala wrote:
I do like the alien like surface that you are after! :)

Btw. are all the tubes going to be "static"? I mean the liquid inside them... It should be fairly easy to hook up an aquarium air pump or a syringe pump to move either air inside the tubes or the liquid itself inside the tubes... This could add a nice little detail to the tubing?

Thank you :) I want to give it a very creepy effect. I was hoping someone commented haha cause i plan on sanding down the bondo to get to the structure under only the topside. Because its plasix glass i can then build structure over and then lay an LED from under and give it a under side glow. More of a ratical idea haha.

Oh yeh its going to be static i would have loved a mini pump but i fear two cons from it. : 1. No space inside the ps3 :/ even if i use a mini pump which would be EXCITING! and 2. Leakage is a freighting experiance especially in a PS3 that for me is so expensive. It why i sealed and pre stress tested two sample tube for leakage. One sign of leakage and i would abandon the cool light tube.

the tube i plan on wiring to a 555timer chip. I plan on making a breather effect and tapping back to the rest of the load. :) the left eye i still plan on network indicator and the right eye disk is in load indicator.

PostPosted: 25.03.2012 23:37 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

So yeh i am back, My weather here has been clearing up. I would have assumed the weather to be alittle cooler and dryier this time of the year but thanks to what ever happened to mother nature the weather has went passed spring right close to summer lol.

Anyways i was not able to work much on my ps3 shell mod. I am contracted to acouple people repairing old xbox and installing underbody lights and interior lights in cars.

So with the small time limit i went ahead and again started to worked sidetracked to my ps3 controller

Last time i talked about my ps3 controller i might have mentioned getting my hands on some clear Action botton/D-pad. Well i did not order any Action/D-pad botton what i did order was clear trigger bottons.

Here you can see the set PLUS because the order took about 4weeks they throw in a nifty little pen :)

Few things i did not use from what i got: the 3mm Green LED for instant, i would have not had any clearance in the shell Instead I went ahead and used the 0802SMD that ive been using since the mod been started. Second The 28Guage wiring also not used till after i throw in a micro switch WHICH i would have assumed the person would have thrown in since the order did take 4 weeks and he did not notify me or updated his website about backorder till a week after i placed an order. But its really understandable since molding to cast eventually gets used up. Scott im guessing the owner of the site did tell me its because they had to create new molding to create casting again.

But ohwell, He did assure me if i did want a switch i can order it from him... at $10 a switch i said forget it, Went on ebay and set a bid on x10 micro DTDP Slide swith for a mier $3 :) which shows how awesome ebay really is ;)

Installing the Trigger had some issue, because the mold tends to contract about 10% it can create cast that are alittle bigger then the original ps3 trigger. Good thing i test fitted before i started to wire and assemble, But In order to make them work smoothly i had to pull out old mini filer and get to work, this actually took me less then an hour one weekend to file and fit and wire. The work was worth it :) end result are as photo'ed

PS3 controller on, Switch off

PS3 controller on, switch on (If you look under you can see i created a Holder for the controller, this is for the light box, with a dark background you wont be able to view it. Also if you notice right UNDER the "SIXAXIS" logo you can see the micro switch)

I know you can only see the L1,R1 lights on, but i did that for a purpose.

The purpose to only have the top 1 on is so when the PS3 rumbles L2,L3 turns on with it :) demistrated on this photo

So thats mainly what i have so far, its only so i can keep my post and thread alive while i work through Spring break :)

The last photo is a pro shot i took. I dont have my mini light box anymore but i will eventually have to build a bigger true light box for my ps3 consule when i am do

for now enjoy the Pro shoot.

Thanks goes out to SCOTT from Pimp my ps3 to PS3COURT & ofcourse METKU.NET

I am still not done with my ps3 controller. I would LOVE to call this the finally but seeing i have a few things to add

List:

*Rapidfire??
Clear D-pad
*Interal Bluetooth Headset with 3.5mm jack external connection for headset??
D-pad/Thumbstick LED with an additional switch

PostPosted: 29.03.2012 17:56 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm... Would be interesting to include a little circuit (microcontroller like Attiny) inside the gamepad that would tap into the signal traces coming from the buttons, pads etc. The attiny etc. could then switch on the lights when the unit is in use and then switch the lights of if the players does not use that part of the gamepad for a short period of time (10-20 seconds...). By using RGB leds one could change the color of the lights when user interacts with the particular control...

But on the other hand I would want to play with a gamepad that could act as a disco ball so I'm just stating out the possibilities. :)