Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 18.11.2019 02:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01.04.2012 23:54 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

japala wrote:
Hmm... Would be interesting to include a little circuit (microcontroller like Attiny) inside the gamepad that would tap into the signal traces coming from the buttons, pads etc. The attiny etc. could then switch on the lights when the unit is in use and then switch the lights of if the players does not use that part of the gamepad for a short period of time (10-20 seconds...). By using RGB leds one could change the color of the lights when user interacts with the particular control...

But on the other hand I would want to play with a gamepad that could act as a disco ball so I'm just stating out the possibilities. :)

Hmm it would be very awesome to have a system that would function lights behind the button as you pass them.
I have seen some xbox360 mod with light emitting from the center of the bullet or XYAB. They only emitte when you press them. They are also programed to chase each other around the controller or fade in and out. Some friends of mine on acidmod designed it using a PIC chip. To what kind is a blank to me. But its been used alot all over different mod markets. Even where i live :)

I will have to take a look and see about the Attiny. It is the first time i hear about that type of PIC controll.

Right now as is the controller is very crambed with stuff inside :) I will post an update just shortly of what i have done on the controller.

This also to include a Youtube video :)

PostPosted: 02.04.2012 01:57 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

See i went ahead and decide to do an Interal Bluetooth with 2.5mm jack for an external headset.

The results are amazing.
So i went on ebay cause thier is alot of cool things to buy or bid
and saw this little beauty Up for bid less then $1 US
I actually won the bid for less then $7 :) Which is still dirt cheap

After 2weeks it arrives i went ahead and started to take it apart.

You can see the board is very thin. Thicker then paper but still so thin :)

I went and also took apart my controller and started to work on the lower shell where the bluetooth with sit.

Ofcourse i had to remove alot of plastic which was in the way so out came the dremel and cutting blade.

After finding the proper spot to drop in the bluetooth i drilled out a hole

the hole was used for the ON/OFF/SYNC button.

I soulder some wire where the battery was connected, since i wont need to use the battery cause i will use the ps3 controller battery to power the Bluetooth.

Trying it on after a quick solder

I need to know when the blue was on so i drilled out two holes, one for the ON indicator and the other for the sync and off indicator.

Needless to say i solder wires to a 2.5mm jack so i can connect any external headset to the ps3 controller

I turned it on to test it out, i was syncing it to my cellphone to test out the headset.

I also uploaded a video to show how the headset work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf8IQK0tE1k

I still have afew more ideas to run on the controller, one of which is the transparent d-pad with electric backlight and backlighted thumbstick with dual switch to turn them on or off.

:) Stay turned