MetkuMods
It is currently 17.07.2019 12:03

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28.04.2004 23:44 
Site Admin
Site Admin

submission wrote:
I must agree with that guest, because in conjuction with being innovative and creative you also should have pure prefection and looks. Make something new and make it look amazingly sweet!

Sure, if there would have been such submission that covered all those areas it would have been the winner or the second. We can't stop giving awards because people can't make their mods both high in quality and innovation. I think that the ruling was fair but feel free to point out the mods that you would have liked to see winning. It would be easier to discuss this after that.

Like I pointed out, a lot of good mods were left without a prize. A lot of good mods were submitted but we all can't be winners. Well, we can be but we can't give prizes to everyone. :) There were some votes thrown for example to submissions like 34 and 5. They had their own strong points but failed to impress most of the judges. Some people like some things and others and I think that the ruling today shows this quite clearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 04:04 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

then there should have been better judges... its unfair to have judges who like one type of mod but frown on others... just makes for a CRAPPY contest, althout i still think the 1st place choice was a good decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 07:27 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Quote:
A lot of good mods were submitted but we all can't be winners.

Well of course thats right Japala =). But that first case mod, the one with the wooden case and freon cooler was seriously sweet!!!! That should have make 1st lol!

Sigh* ill just have to take it out on the judges myself, book a flight to Finland. LOL even tho i wasn't part of the contest heehee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 08:50 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wooden case and external cooling... let me think a minute... SEEN THAT! :) That mod, 34. was good and was actually ranked the 3rd. I'm quite amazed how hard it is for you guys to see the point here. Because someone builds something big and fancy it should be a winner straight away. It is quite sad to see this kind of mentality because it has been shown time and a time again that everybody loves modding cases and see modded cases. Like I pointed out, 99% of competitions on modding sites are about modding cases. Perhaps I should have excluded them from this competition all together but decided to see how this would work.

Anyway, it has been pointed out that you didn't like the mod that came to second. That is sad but perhaps you can find something interesting to mod from those submissions. Go and do a wooden case and external cooler for it if you like. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 10:18 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

Well Japala, my comments are not ment to be offensive towards you, please don't take it personally. I merely didn't think that those mods were that special. But now that i think about it, the bottle opener mod isn't too bad at all. But the furry case is not only tacky, but its been done before many many many times. Just like your lepard skin mod.

As for the external cooling mod, ive already done it. Expect mine is prefection 8) . Hehe, well thats just what i feel. Here it is. I'd show you more pics and steps how to make it but this is reserved for a guide in www.Uniquehardware.ca

Night shot
Opened Case
Front View (no flash)

Last edited by submission on 30.04.2004 03:02, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 10:19 
hmm.. tuossa karvakotelossa kerrotaan teko-ohjeissa että se olisi tehty vanerista, vaikka kyllä se minusta näyttää ihan lastulevyltä....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 10:21 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

I have always hated when all "money-mods" wins the competitions. I think that metku.net's competition was good. Metku.net did something different than all the other sites, where money talks and dads master card slides (or something ;)

Metku has always been a UG modding site, at least in my opinnion. Bottle opener mouse was cool, innovative and nice looking. It's good to know that you don't have to have $1000 to make good mod and win a competition.

I don't mean that "money-mods" shouldn't win. But IMHO, this time they weren't best. If you make cool mod and it costs a lot, I don't discriminate it, money isn't the object. I just think that good idea is worth of $1000 :)

I think that many people will get a wrong impression about my comment but I hope (with my bad english) that my point was clear and I didn't offend anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 10:24 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

submission wrote:
But the furry case is not only tacky, but its been done before many many many times. Just like your lepard skin mod.

Hey, remember, 3rd place was picked by random from all the submissions. It was not judged by it's merits. Metku.net just wanted to give an opportunity to win something for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 12:01 
Well the 2nd place of course goes to the bottle opener because it has something to do with T3h B33r. Beer is so cool that when someone does something related to beer it always gathers attention. Sad isn't it?

Someone nuke us finns before it's all too late :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 13:29 
IMHO reason for this argue is purely cultrual... In Finland we prefer glass bottles and that's why we like cool bottle openers :)... In America people seem to prefer tincans and tab beer (just a guess actually because almost in every American TV-show beer is in tincans).

And we tend to drink way much more beer than americans do and we start younger too (I guess ;) usually between age of 14-16, and it's illegal under 18 :twisted: ).

OBS! I hope the inventor of mouse bottle opener is over 18 years! It's a Lonkero bottle (gin+some juice, in this case it's karpalo+rasberry (don't know what karpalo is in English)) he's opening in that second picture and under 18 years old are not allowed to buy (and use) that kind of stuff :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 14:11 
kova lanituskoppa toi Roppola Jaakon modaus :wink:
,mutta todella nätti. I think that it wont be thieves first choice to take with them :D. Its damn heavy but still coolest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 14:23 
vähä se kellon muotonen pleksi koppa oli hieno mun mielestä se ois saanu voittaa!!
mut kummikii hyvä kisa kai ens vuonna o kans kisa :lol:
vois sillo itekkii osallistuu jos jostai saisin käännettyy itelleni kameran millä nappaisin kopastani kuvan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 14:43 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

Toi ropolan keissi on kyl aivan ehdottoman KURKO!!! :D eikä tullu kalliiks!! ja sit se akryylistä väsätty "pallon" muotonen koppa oli kans aivan ehdoton!! onnee voittajille....... eikä pahemmin kannata välitää mitä noin jenkkiläiset sanoo (ovat vaan kateellisia) :wink: 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 15:16 
Toi hiiri pullonavaaja on aivan loistava idea!
Yksinkertainen, halpa ja toimiva ratkaisu jolle on käyttöä.
Jo nämä seikat riittävät perusteluiksi.
Taidanpa itsekin väsätä sellaisen, tosin pitää vain käyttää erilaista, sellaista koukkumaista, pullonavaajaa. Hiiri on takaosasta liian kapea :P

Voittaja taasen osoittaa että käyttämällä mielikuvitusta voi sinänsä hyödyttömälle romullekin löytyä vaikka mitä käyttöä, kun vain pysyy työkalut kädessä ja on tarpeeksi innostusta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.04.2004 22:16 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Enemmän kuvitusta minun rotastani löytää osoitteesta
http://cmodding.net/alarch/juttu.php?id=10 ,
jos kiinostaa :P