Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 15.12.2017 15:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02.02.2005 19:41 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

I thought about carving an image to my case window and lighting it up the same way as the "M" logo on the Japala's glowpad project. Anyone have experience? Does it work well? And would it be possible to carve the image with the welding thing, witch you weld electronic components together (sorry for that, but my native language is not english.), the thing we in Finland call "kolvi". (Wrote this in english in hope of getting help from foreigners too. Don't get too pissed about the spelling. :) )
I'll try now to specify a little what I'm trying to do. I'm going to make a window to my case, add neonlights or cold cathodes or what ever you call them to illuminate my hardware. Then carve a picture to the window and light it up with leds of different colour than my neon and maybe add a led fader to fade leds from colour to another.
So, thats my plan. But would the different coloured picture show well, or would it be overwhelmed by the neon light?

Last edited by oikosulku on 03.02.2005 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.02.2005 21:08 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

i think ur talkin about a welding torch. it makes a big flame that comes out. or a soldering iron, which just heats up and u use solder with it, for electrical stuff. that should work, but the torch wont. it will just burn it into the material, should be a lil easier than etching, wont be too smooth, but should work. i think.

Xxcr4shxX: w/e
Crash2108: we?
Xxcr4shxX: what ever
Crash2108: no, tell me what w/e is first

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03.02.2005 17:05 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Thanks to crash for the correction. Yes, I mean the soldering iron. Would be quite a wiew to see someone trying to carve a picture with a welding torch :D