Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 14.12.2017 07:22

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30.08.2002 04:11 
I was wondering what you covered the pad with so it would work with optical mouses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.08.2002 04:51 
Veteran Modder
Veteran Modder

it is just a normal mouse pad

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.08.2002 06:45 
is it just the cloth on top of the pad or does it include the rubber part of the pad? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.08.2002 07:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only the cloth should be enough if it is thick enough. Without that rubber base the cloth need to be glued or taped with the two-sided-tape so it stays on top of that glowpad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03.09.2002 04:23 
Thanks for your help. Very nice site you have here btw!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27.10.2002 05:23 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

what is the name of the cloth? i want to have an over over oversized one (350x400mm) and i want the whole pad covered, but i dont want to have the lines if i were to put the cloth of more than one mouse pad. also, what thickness should the cloth be. i am using 6mm plexi (its the closest size they had [6mm = 1/4 in. (i live in america)], plus, it gives me more room for the 5mm leds.
i am thinking about conectng as many leds as possible in parralell sice i want the pad to be so big. 25 is the most i can have using usb, right (im using a seven port hub)(25 x 20mA = 500 = power coming out of usb). do you have any better ideas for lighting? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help!!!!!!!!! i know i sound rediculous, but im only 11 and im new to modding, though ive already made a custom front panel with a window, seriously overclockked my cpu, which also got a custom makeover (amazingly still works), made huge windows on the side and top of the case, made a fire/ice wheel for my mouse and changed the red to a blue led uhnderneath, and painted my case black with some chrome accents. yeah, i know, everyone underestimates me.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27.10.2002 11:36 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because that pad is quite big, you could try to use cold cathode to light up the pad. You can't use USB to power this cathode but it should give you more even lighting if you can take the power from somewhere.

hmm... almost any kind of cloth is good for this. It doesn't have to be that thick because mouse's camera can see the surface quite well even if the material is thin. Maybe this is something that you have to experiment with. Take for example your bedsheet or table-cloth and see if the mouse still works. Remember that you have to lift the cloth from the table because you have to make sure that there isn't anything meneath the cloth that could affect the tracking of the mouse.

Hope this makes sense to you. My english isn't that perfect to explain these things so.. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28.10.2002 05:11 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

how would i put a cold cathode in it? i dont want it to be too thick.
i want to have the brightest superbright blue led possible. can i use two usb ports and use a resistor/restrictor (whats the difference?) to sink down the extra 5 volts and then connect as many leds in a parallel conection (ill have 1A, right, which means 33 to 50 leds, depending on the led).
would it make it brighter if i had 50 20mA leds, 40 25mA leds, or 33 30mA leds?
which company superbright led and how many mA. im willing to pay up to $25 (american) on the leds alone.
how many degrees should the angle of the led be?
i want to have the real stuff that they put on the pads. what is the name of the cloth, and, if you dont know, do you think if i called a company that makes mouse pads, they would tell me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28.10.2002 09:47 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want to make a really bright Glowpad I would suggest that you try to find the brightest leds available. Adding more and more leds next to each other doesn't bring up the brighness up as much as using brighter leds. Second issue is with that USB port. While manufacturers promise that one port can deliver 500mA you shoudn't take that much. This is because your circuitry doesn't report back to computer how much current it is taking so by taking this maximum amount of current and then by connecting your mouse can overload the bus and burn it. Anything over couple of hundred milliamps shoudn't be taken from motherboard but instead like I did, from Molex connector. This way you are not stressing the motherboards but your power supply directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28.10.2002 21:59 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

50 super brights could cost up to $150.00 just thought i would point that out

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.10.2002 04:24 
Veteran Modder
Veteran Modder

wow $150...you must be getting them in the wrong place...unless you are talking about the 660 cd led (i forget the name of it)...http://www.eled.com the 18000 mcd LEDs arent even that expensive

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.10.2002 11:10 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

ok, so maybe i should forget about leds. would a cold cathode be brighter than leds? also, how could i squish a cold cathode onderneath the mousepad without having risers? can i make an extensin for the 5V wires of the molex, have it come out the back of my pc, and just wrap it in heat shrink tubbing? and, again, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE CLOTH? IF YOU DONT KNOW, DO YOU THINK THAT A COMPANY THAT MAKES MOUSEPADS WOULD TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MATERIAL? :x :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29.10.2002 11:12 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

sorry im getting a bit on the mean sid, but I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30.10.2002 02:50 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

dude a peice of paper would do fine for my mouse so i would say any cloth would work fine goto a craft store act staight and walk to the cloth section and pick out a yard of a nice flowal pattern. but make sure the cloth is not see through . blahhh

thanks for the link

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.11.2002 07:14 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

"nice flowal pattern" ????? whats that? :?