Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 16.12.2017 11:54

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.11.2002 19:18 
I just got a black 5star notebook and cut it to the correct size. I used the backside because the fron has the 5 star symbol. It works perfect with my optical mouse. You probly don't want a hard surface but i like hard smooth surfaces better then cloth. Oh well, jst an idea =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 00:42 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

carnut101 wrote:
ok, so maybe i should forget about leds. would a cold cathode be brighter than leds? also, how could i squish a cold cathode onderneath the mousepad without having risers? can i make an extensin for the 5V wires of the molex, have it come out the back of my pc, and just wrap it in heat shrink tubbing? and, again, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE CLOTH? IF YOU DONT KNOW, DO YOU THINK THAT A COMPANY THAT MAKES MOUSEPADS WOULD TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MATERIAL? :x :x :x :x

i ment extensions for the 12V wires. sorry :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 04:00 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

i'm pretty sure that he meant floral, as in a nice flowery design on the fabric.
just go and find some fabric that you like the texture of. I like the smoothest surface possible, but just go, feel all the fabric that is at the store, and take your pick on which one you like. just be sure that light will be able to reflect and make shadows on the fabric, because that is how an optical mouse tracks movements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 05:52 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

for the millionth time - DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HOW TO GET A COLD CATHODE UNDERNEATH A MOUSEPAD WITHOUT RISERS??????

Last edited by carnut101 on 04.11.2002 05:57, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04.11.2002 05:52 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

FLOWERS??!!!!!!!? WHAT, IS HE KIDDING ME? DO I LOOK LIKE A GIRL TO HIM? :x
anyways, can i get an image onto the cloth? ive got this picture of a '67 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 ("Gone In 60 Seconds") with an american flag behind it and i want to have that on the pad. and, no, i dont want ti sewn on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.11.2002 06:33 
to get an image on the cloth,scan it (if its on paper) and print it on iron -on tranfer paper. (i think its called that way) then put the image on the cloth an iron it , and ready 8O

btw, im just 12, and i am building my 4 fan dual color led dual voltage baybus. I am also biulding myself somethings whith the glowpad technich and later im probably gonna build a giant glowpad

flowal LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL :lol: !!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.11.2002 09:24 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

good to know im not alone. turning 12 at the end of this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05.11.2002 09:24 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

good to know im not alone. turning 12 at te end of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.11.2002 11:44 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

carnut101 wrote:
for the millionth time - DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HOW TO GET A COLD CATHODE UNDERNEATH A MOUSEPAD WITHOUT RISERS??????

come on!!! some one answer!!!!! i want to make this thing but i cant because no one will respond!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.11.2002 14:39 
Senior Modder
Senior Modder

be creative! Make up some idea of your own, it seems that no one knows how to do it or have done it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08.11.2002 14:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not really sure why you would like to place that cathode under the pad? If you want to light up the edges you mount that cathode in parallel (to the side) with that plexi and if you want to have all-around glow on that plexi, just sand it and mount the cathode on the side of the plexi. If I'm not getting your point, please tell me what it is, no need to shout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.11.2002 22:38 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

sorry about the shouting. im just pist off cuz ive had the plexi cut out and ready for the lights to be put in for like a month already. btw, japala, it was your idea to put in a cold cathode (not that its a bad idea, i am going to do it that way), so i guess i was kinda expecting you to have some ideas on how to do it. i mean, you are the one that came up with atleast half of the 20 or so mods youve got on your website. ill just have to be really creative. if i put a cold cathode behind the mousepad (as in just have a plexi pad with no lights in it and just have a cold cathode mounted behind it) will the pad light up? if it does, which part of the pad will light up (i want the sides and front light up)? what kind of cathode sould i use? i want the light to be as bright as possible. i dont care if it costs me $50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09.11.2002 22:51 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would still suggest that you light that plexi from the side. If you place that cathode behind that plexi you will see that lamp and it will be the brightest spot on that plexi and I would think that it doesn't look as cool as it woul look with cathode hidden on the side and only light shining all around that pad. If your plexi is big you will need two cathodes so you can have that plexi evenly lit. Again, these things are hard to say as a facts because I haven't tested these but theory and my experience say that it would look best with lighted up from the side. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10.11.2002 08:10 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

OK, thanks. ill buy 1 cathode and try it. if it works, ill get a second one. what do you think the diameter of the bulb of the brightest blue cold cathode that i can get with no more than $35 each would be? do you think i should go with thicker plexi so that the cathodes wont stick out too much? if so, whats the max thickness you would recommend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10.11.2002 11:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Diameter of the lamp is usually 3mm. Some have a plastic tube covering the lamp to protect it but you can take it off to make it thinner. As a plexi, anything over that 3mm is good. I'm not sure but you should try to make a shallow channel for the cathode. This way you direct more light inside the plexi.