Site Admin

Image In English
Image Suomeksi

Questions, comments?

Kysymyksiä, kommentteja?

PostPosted: 16.05.2010 15:52 
Regular Modder
Regular Modder

All I can say is WOW ! I am glad that things of this nature go on. I can imagine how many ideas that others got from others. And the meeting of people from different parts of the world, well I think that is cool no matter what.

THANKS for the images, and I know what a pain in the but it is to post a little description about each one but I am GLAD that you did. And if there are more, post them... A general description would work because I am hoping that you (and others) took hundreds and hundreds more.

As for some of the stuff I thought was cool and want to know a bit more when you have time :

Were you one of the people who put this together, or did they (the powers that be) request that you be there as a representative for one (or more of them) I think that gigabyte (if I read correctly) was the one who gave you stuff to give away, but did they also cover all your costs as well?

- Who put up all those tents..
- What is that circle thing with the hole in the top of it in image 7 of 8 between the sausages and what looks like potato cakes
- And OPEN BAR !!! Really, HOW in the world did people actually have an OPEN BAR and be able to get up in the a.m.?
- And to not make this too in depth, with all the politicians there was there some sort of environmentally friendly thing going on. I know in the U.S., politicians only come out when there is something "in it" for them.

Dan

BTW - Hopefully you were closer to the FRONT of the bus for such a long trip !

PostPosted: 16.05.2010 17:47 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Dan. :)

The European Union / Goverment of Spain paid all of this. They covered the plane tickets, hotels/tents/place to sleep, food, the venue etc. This at least for the international guests.

I was invited there by Antonio, one of the organizers from the modding area. He invited me as a guest in 2007 to speak about modding and now that I knew what the event is all about, he wanted me to come and help him to set everything up.

As this particular event was funded by goverment, there were no "sponsors" in traditional sense. Gigabyte wanted to be there to show off some overclocking. As I told in the article too, I just wanted to ask their help to sponsor our modding competition that I wanted to host and I was very happy when I got a positive answer.

Tents were put up and taken down by local volunteers. I'm glad that I didn't have to do it. ;)

I believe that thing in the image is an ash tray. You can see small "dents" on the rim in certain intervals. It was actually quite odd to see so many smokers in Spain as here in Finland, smoking is getting more and more regulated every day. I heard that they are too getting laws that make life of the smokers harder.

And as for the open bar, the area of the Campus Party Europe was open only for the guests and the organizers. I'm not sure if I used a right term here but I meant that all the drinks, beer, wine etc. were free for everyone...

And as for the bus, I sat at the back. :) As we finns were the last ones getting off, we decided to get to be back to make it easier to everyone. At first I wanted to include some photos from the trip back to the article but took them off. Here are some of them for you:

They told us to eat well before the bus trip started. Triple whopper shoud do it. Oh, and you can see the Long Chicken on the right corner waiting for its turn next. ;)

Our first stop. The hanging meat was bit interesting...

I believe we missed quite a lot of scenery while speeping. (Me in the blue t-shirt)

One of our guests had to go and when you have to go, you will do it the first chance you get. This one is actually taken at the center of some large town, front of some large hotel construction yard. :)

Happy trash bin.

Me having some "refreshments". Apple beer... :mrgreen:

A very high bridge.

The "welcome bag" included pillows and they went for a good use.

Me in southern France at a gas station. You can see the Alps at the background.

I believe this is either Poland or Czech... either way, it was quite interesting to wake up and spot a huge eagle at the middle of the field.

You brush your teath with what you got on you. :)

One of us bought a tennis racket and a ball. It was quite funny to see people hitting emergency breaks in the parking lot because of the ball bouncing everywhere. :)

We actually saw quite a few jets flying during our trip... :( ;)

Our bus drivers. They spoke only spanish and we didn't so it was quite interesting trying to communcate with them. :)

Getting close to Tallin.

The ferry that took us Finns to Helsinki.

Sitting on a train from Helsinki to Vihanti. At that moment the trains was broken between Helsinki and Tampere but we got going after around 40 minutes when a wood carrying train stopped to help us... ;)