Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 22.07.2018 04:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Drilling and LED qn
PostPosted: 01.11.2003 18:25 
I think this sounds stupid, but I still have to ask. about drilling the holes, what are the equipment and steps do you take to make sure they look as smooth as in the picture. (I have never done any kind of drilling before)

Also, a question about LED. Will red LED with a higher brightness bring about more accurate tracking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01.11.2003 21:05 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you sure that this is a right place for this question? anyway, just use a regular drill bit meant for metals to drill the holes. When you have drilled the holes, take a drill bit, two or three sizes bigger in diameter and gently rotate it on each hole by hand. Idea here is not to drill the hole deeper, just to take some material off and make the hole smoother on the edges.

Again, what led you are replacing with this red led? When you say tracking are you talking about optical mouses sensor led? Why you want to replace that red led that is already there? So many questions. :) Red led is best for the sensor because it is most sensitive to that wavelength. More brightnes also mean better tracking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.11.2003 03:43 
Alright, perhaps the LED is a wrong forum qn. But Drilling should be considered related to the cool mouse mod. :D

I just read through the other forum about the mouse mod with a lego figure inside. It says that InfraRed will improve tracking and that overbrightness will cause poor tracking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02.11.2003 07:47 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

still carring on the led part of this question, pretty soon at LSDiodes they will be having a 12000mcd led soon, no price listed yet. would that give an optical mouse ultra-superior tracking. LMAO, if it would then im getting that.

Xxcr4shxX: w/e
Crash2108: we?
Xxcr4shxX: what ever
Crash2108: no, tell me what w/e is first