Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 27.10.2020 06:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cd drive mod
PostPosted: 22.06.2003 08:41 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

i'd like to get credit for this idea if you ever decide to do it, since i am this close *makes applicible gesture with thumb and forefinger* to doing this mod, but i can't seem to get one part planed out.
the mod goes something like this: you put two leds or two sets of lazer leds, i havn't decided yet (one red, one blue) inside a cd drive (or dvd drive, whatever) and hook the blue one up to some sort of... auto-switch (i don't know any better term for it, you'll see what i mean later). whenever the tray (door) is in the process of opening, the motor is being powered. therefore, the red led is hooked up to the motor wire so that when the drive tray is opening, the interior of the drive glows red, but (since it's hooked up to the motor) the red led will turn off when the tray is fully open or closed. now the tricky part: the blue led will come on and make the interior glow and reaiate blue light to the outside world when the drive tray is fully open. someone told me that the blue led would require an auto-switch, or something like that, and i have no idea how to go about wiring the blue led, so... any help would be greatly appricieated.
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22.06.2003 11:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zapwizard over the Bit-tech forum has done this already with a slot loading cd drive. Led turns on when you are inserting a cd or if the drive is ejecting one. Should not be that hard to adopt this same stuff to a regular drive too like you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23.06.2003 03:10 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

aaahhh, thank you much. i went looking all over the articles section (got a few good ideas too) and couldn't find anything and i was about to bitch about that when i came back to this thread and saw that it was in the forums, and i felt stupid. so i went looking for it on the forums and it told me that i had to register to be able to use the search feature, but when i tried to sign up, it kept telling me that 'your desired screenname is already in use' or somethig akin to that, for each of the 23 or so names i tried. wha? whats goin on here?
i found it with google, though. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.