MetkuMods
It is currently 23.10.2014 11:35

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: baybus help!!!!
PostPosted: 11.08.2004 15:44 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

i really need some help....

ive made most of the connections for my bay bus and when i connect it up to the power supply and toggle the switch to 1 of the on positions it works fine.... the fans spin and the fans with lights on light up.... problem is that when i put them on the other position the power supply shuts down for no reason...

any help on this.... i really need some help as im not sure what is wrong with it...

T.I.A

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2004 15:52 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That second position does a shortcircuit in your case. Just check the connections once again with time and see where you have connected the wire wrong. Also check that you don't have any solder bridges over the switch pins etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2004 16:07 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

ive looked around the whole circuit.... i think it may have been the molex connectors that was causing the connection drop as i havent fully pinned them back in.... but im not sure but i think the fans with led's in them might be causing the problem... i can get the standard fan working ok with both switches but when i plug the LED fans in when i switch it over the whole thing shuts down...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2004 17:10 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

ok since ive last posted ive been testing the circuit over and over again with the standard fan.... it seems to want to work everynow and then.... i would put it on one side... then the middle then the last position it would work.... then i did it a couple of times more and it would work then i did it again and everything would shut down...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11.08.2004 17:49 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

ok... ive done even more testing... ive hooked 2 up to the power source.. they both run fine on 12, they run ok on 5 most of the time. ive found if u start the power source and then start the fans on the 5v setting the whole thing will shut down..... is there any thing to stop this from happening...