Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 20.07.2019 14:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14.12.2007 11:10 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Mutta virrankulutus ois taas ihan eriluokkaa... Tästä yksilöstä kun on kaikki mahdollinen karsittu pois just sen takia, edes virtalediä ei laitettu :D Ja mun käsityksen mukaan se volumeknobikin saattaa laskea koko laitoksen hyötysuhdetta, varsinkin minun elektroniikkataidoilla toteutettuna. Sitäpaitsi sitä volumea on oikeasti ihan yhtä hyvä säätää siitä soittimesta.

Post subject: Re: GhettoBlaster
PostPosted: 04.09.2008 20:56 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Tosta vahvistimesta vielä. :DD Mitä tulee mukana? Helppo juottaa? Toinen noista naaras liittimistä on in ja toinen out? Tuleeko mukana jokin välijohto jolla saa mp3 kiinni ja kaiuttimet erikseen? Hiukan sekavasti selitetty... :S

PostPosted: 14.09.2008 18:08 
Super Modder
Super Modder

...Tai sitte vaan kytkee kamppeeseen wlanillisen puhelimen? :)

PostPosted: 31.01.2009 04:41 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Hi guys,

Nice site. I came across it while looking for DIY ghetto blaster and looke here... Nice article.

I asked my brother and he said the instructions were pretty straightforward and he didn't think the techie skill wasn't so high that I couldn't cope with the electronics part.

Now, one question remains; I checked for Audio Pro speakers here in the US, and I couldn't find any details on those.
What other alternatives are there that you guys know of that could be decent alternatives?
Or, not wanting to give you too much trouble or work, what are the ideal specs I should be looking for in those speakers?

In advance, thanks a bunch.

PostPosted: 31.01.2009 13:14 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Thanks for your question.

Most important specification is the efficiency / sensitivity of the speakers. (not sure which is the right word) It's measured something like 90db/w meaning you get 90db of sound with 1 watt amplifier. So you need to find efficient speakers. I would look at reflex enclosured 6,5-8" 2-way speakers. Usually bigger have higher sensitivity but they also need bigger box.

PostPosted: 03.02.2009 09:14 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Thanks for the input.
I am trying to connect the dots here, as I am fairly ignorant when it comes to electronics. Done some research on ohms, and all that jazz...!
Correct me if I am wrong.

How does the driver efficiency translate into the long lasting performance? Would it be correct to say that more efficient drivers would allow for more power with less strain on the power source?

What are the specs of the battery. Do you remember? You stated the Ghettoblaster could run longer than 20 hours on a battery load, right? EDIT: From the tech specs of the amplifier, you must have used quite a beefy battery to power that thing? What is the impedance of the drivers? EDIT: There are 4 drivers: assuming they all have an 8 ohm impedance, they would pull 6 amps, right?

So, in light of this would I not be better off with 8ohm drivers? Would that not extend the battery life?

The amplifier is powered through a 12V PS, how do you charge the battery? Through the amplifier or a separate charge jack?
Like I said, feel free to correct me on all I wrote.

Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 03.02.2009 21:15 
Mini Modder
Mini Modder

Lets say you a get pair of speaker which say they have efficiency of 88db/w and another pair which have 91db/w. To be as loud, the first pair of speakers require about 2 times the power. So with same amp and battery the 91db/w blaster would play noticeably longer.

Amp6 basic is best suited for use with 4 ohm speakers. And with my electronic skills, I say you can forget about ohms. If im right, 4ohm speakers get more power so you can listen in lower volume, while 8ohm speakers get less power and you need to crank up the volume. I say they are the equal in battery consumption. But 41hz's amp6basic works better with 4 ohms speakers if you are using that amp.

I used a "gel battery" of 8ah. They use similar on motorbikes.

For charging, I simply open the backplate of the blaster and connect the charger to the exposed battery.

PostPosted: 25.02.2009 22:31 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Onko antaa vinkkejä josko briteissä (halvan punnan perässä) olis hyviä kauppoja josta sais komponentei blaster projektiin? Näin niin kuin elektroniikkaa lähinnä.

- Vahvistin
- Jakosuotimia jne.,,

PostPosted: 01.03.2009 16:30 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Hey man I have been googleing my head off trying to find a better custom ghettoblaster then yours and I come up with nothing. I am a complete n00b at this whole creating custom electronics thing and wanted to know how you connected the amp6basic (I'm going to buy it just because it is the one I saw you use and heard its the easiest to assemble) to a 12v battery. When I read the online instructions on 41hz it had an AC connection. If your instructions can be as simple as possible I'd appreciate that =]]

PostPosted: 02.03.2009 13:17 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Hi!!!

I am a big fan of your GhettoBlaster

can you tell me what kind of:

Impedance? ohm

SPL (1W/1m)? sensetivity db

Power rating?

Equivalent volume (Vas)?

size of the speaker!? inch"

thanks in advance! :D

PostPosted: 12.03.2009 03:32 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Hey, i again stumbled across your ghettoblaster project and it's motivated me to want to give it a shot!

Being an in-car audio nutter (bass, i love you :D) i'm good with electronics plus i took it at school too.

My main question is would a battery like this suffice?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-12Ah-sealed-l ... otohosting

Apologies for the huge URL! I'm planning on using a cheap car amplifier (4 channel, run the 2 front channels on a pair of 5.25" 2-way car speakers, for mids/highs, and the rears bridged to run a single 8" subwoofer for lows/sub-bass) and a small battery such as that.

Thanks in advance for yoru help :)

PostPosted: 12.03.2009 03:38 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

[quote="Love Below"]Hi!!!

I am a big fan of your GhettoBlaster

can you tell me what kind of:

Impedance? ohm

SPL (1W/1m)? sensetivity db

Power rating?

Equivalent volume (Vas)?

size of the speaker!? inch"

thanks in advance! :D[/quote]

Guessing here:

4ohm (I know that for sure)
Around 91-93Db Sensitivity
Amp gives out 25w x2
Vas, no idea.
Size = 6.5" woofers, 1" silk dome tweeters

:)

PostPosted: 27.06.2010 15:22 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Pystysitteköhän mahdollisesti kertomaan noita blasterin mittoja? Riittäisi nuo ulkoseinien mitat pelkästään. Kiitos jo etukäteen!