Metku.net

MetkuMods
It is currently 22.09.2019 03:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07.12.2008 14:26 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Okei, tilanne on tämä: Issee heivas mun vanhan langattoman näppiksen tukiaseman kaattikselle. Valmistaja on Fujitsu&Siemens, tuli isseen koneen mukana.
Vinkkejä ja ohjeita, kuinka tehdään tästä langattomasta langallinen? Näppiksen piirilevystä tulee punainen virtajohto, musta maajohto ja valkoinen johto, joka luultavastikin on lähettänyt signaalin.

Okay, here's the problem: My dad dumped my wireless keyboards receiver to dumpyard. It is a Fujitsu&Siemens and came with my dad's old computer.
Tips and help, how to make a cordless keyboard a wired one? There is coming out of the circuitboard these wires: red (+), black (-) and a white one, which has supposedly sent the signal to the receiver.

;) Kiitos jo näin etukäteen. / Thanks beforehand.

PostPosted: 07.12.2008 15:20 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm... tricky one. It can be either an easy job or totally impossible. :)

As you don't have the receiver, you don't do much with the white wire. I'm pretty sure that the signal it is sending is not something you can plug in directly to the USB-port. 8)

I believe that the receiver was in a charge on doing the conversion from the keyboard signal to the valid USB HID commands. If this is the case, you will not be able to pull this off very easily. Perhaps you could replace the innards of the keyboard with electronics from another keyboard... Just leave the key matrix there but replace the boards reading the matrix and sending the wireless signal. Hard part will be on finding out a suitable donor that have quite similar key matrix to begin with...

PostPosted: 08.12.2008 07:55 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

Well I have even older wireless keyboard, and I could use it's inside and receiver... :|
I don't know if the another keyboard has similar contacts, it can be, that I find a way around that white wire... ;) I'll check it when I get home from school.

PostPosted: 31.12.2008 05:54 
Ultra Modder
Ultra Modder

Onko kalliskin näppärimistö tai onko siinä jotain erikoista? Luulenpa, että ei maksa vaivaa edes yrittää. Näppäimistöjä saa nykyään vitosella.

PostPosted: 30.05.2009 10:12 
Junior Modder
Junior Modder

How do I link my keyboard media controls with my player? My keyboard has built in media controls, but they only work with Windows Media Player. I use Creative Media Source and I want to be able to control what's playing while the program is minimised and running in the background.

Last edited by nelleyz on 31.05.2009 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30.05.2009 14:10 
Veteran Modder
Veteran Modder

With Logitech keyboards all i had to do was set the player that i want to control as the default player in Windows. Always worked like a charm.