Here are some photos from the build etc. that I still wanted to share with you...
Thinking it over... I believe at this point I was bit worried about the control panel overlay. I did make one but I changed the button arrangement at the last minute and I didn't have access to a printer at that time.
I placed some white paper and a printed sheet of transparent film between the plywood and acrylic sheets. If I find the need, I'll replace that with something more suitable in the future...
The Typhoon in action. I'm using LCDStudio and TextPlug plugin to handle the output. I wrote a short Visual Basic Script that takes the name of the game and writes it to a text file when the game is launched. The TextPlug reads this file in five second intervals and displays the content on the screen.
Here is the script that Maximus Arcade executes when launching a game and exiting from one:
Shot from the inside. The cable mess is quite bad but everything lines up quite nicely when the case gets closed.
Also in this image one can see the locking mechanism at the top of the cabinet. The lock is actually from an old gas cap but it seems to handle this new duty very well.
Here is the game selection screen of the Maximus Arcade. Also visible in this photos is the EFO USB RF Wireless keyboard&mouse that I use for debugging the windows. The system doesn't need a dedicated keyboard or mouse as the front-end is loaded automatically at windows start up but still it is a good idea to have a backup if everything fails.
This photo also shows the two speakers mounted below the marquee. It is actually a 2.1 system with a small subwoofer. I borrowed it all from a Piano 101 Laptop Cooler from Vantec that I have had for years without any use.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10|