You are needed to cut away material all the way to the base of the mount. That is where "claws" of the mount start that make the firm connection with the camera body. You don't want to sand away them so they can work as an indicator. When you notice that you are starting to wear out material from the far edges of the mount, it is time to stop sanding.
There is a rubber ring going around the protrusion. You can remove it simply by putting your finger nail or head of the screwdriver between it and the mount and twist it away.
To speed up the process I used a drill with a sanding block. When I was getting closer the the edges of the mount I switched to water sanding paper and made the surface smooth and to have the right height.
Sanded mount. At this point you have an option to choose. Some people have painted the semitransparent epoxy with black transparency pens or vinyl dye. It would make the mount look like almost identical that you would have in regular EF system. I decided to leave the surface as it is for now.
Everything ready for the first tests. Just remember to place that washer (or several if you have them) and tighten the screws well. Also check that the mount is sitting firmly and steady over the lense. If it is not perfectly level with the edge of the lense, epoxy inside the mount is pressing against some chip and twisting the mount a bit. Remove this excess epoxy and it should work great.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4|