The Finishing Touches
Now that the construction of the case is pretty much done, it was time to move on to the finishing touches. I chose a simple color scheme for the case. I decided to paint the polycarbonate parts matte-black, excluding the rad-spacer which I sanded down to a frosted finish. In addition I chose to sand all of the aluminum parts to a brushed finish. This way I would get some contrast in the color scheme of the case. By the time I got the project to this point, I had less than a week to get the case done.
While the paint was drying. I started sanding the aluminum pieces to the
brushed finish I wanted. I took my time with the sanding and ended up
burning my back in the sun badly. At least it was for a good cause...
Here are some of the parts being painted.
Here's a progress shot of the sanding. Too bad this picture doesn't show the gardenhose that I had setup to keep the surface clean of larger particles.
This is what I ended up with.
I really would have liked to spent more time sanding the panels down, but time was in short supply so I clear coated the pieces.
Putting It Back Together
Rebuilding the case after finishing the pieces was nice and fast.
Here's a size comparison with an IBM T30 Thinkpad.
|Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9|